Unlike humans, who often find traveling exciting and fun, guinea pigs are not typically keen on the idea. Therefore, it is your responsibility to do what you can to minimize the stress and anxiety for your Guinea Pig before setting out on an adventure.
That includes whether you are going to the vet for his health check-up or on a trip that is a little more extended. Traveling is usually good for the soul, all souls. Whether your Guinea Pig agrees with that is a different story.
However, if you do have a pet Guinea Pig and want to travel somewhere, you will need a secure carrier. The other option is to have someone you trust to take care of your pet, and that is not always easy. Are there tricks or tips on how to go on a road trip with a Guinea Pig?
There is much information a Guinea Pig owner needs before traveling. Before we touch on these, let’s take a look at the top five best-selling Guinea-Pig travel carriers available on the market.
- 1 Portable Small Animals Hedgehog Hamster Carrier Bag
- 2 TOOGOO(R) Pet Dog Puppy Carrier Bag Oxford Cloth Cat Small Dog Rabbit Guinea Pig Pet Foldable Travel Carrier Single Shoulder Bag (Blue, S Size)
- 3 RYPET Hamster Carrier Bag – Portable Breathable Outgoing Bag for Guinea Pig Hedgehog Squirrel Chinchilla and Other Similar Sized Animal
- 4 Mr. Teck Mini Little Pet Dog Outdoor Carrier Travel Totes Soft Pure Cotton Puppy Kitty Rabbit Hands-Free Reversible Pouch Single Shoulder Pets Sling Carrier Comfortable
- 5 Products4Now Dog Carrier Bag – Airline Approved Soft Sided Travel Bag with Mesh Windows, Sturdy Bottom, and Soft Wool Fleece Cushion.
- 6 Can Guinea Pigs Get Car Sickness?
- 7 What Do I Need to Know About Traveling During the Winter Months?
- 8 What About Hot Weather, What Do I Need to Know?
- 9 FAQs:
- 10 Guinea Pig Supplies Near me
- 11 Conclusion
Portable Small Animals Hedgehog Hamster Carrier Bag
The first product on the list is by KAMEIOU. This Kameiou portable small animal carrier bag is not only durable; its design is from Oxford cloth that is waterproof and resistant to bites. The cotton material is comfortable, soft and utterly warm.
The product is super soft and of large capacity making this a super luxury villa for all small pets, especially Guinea Pigs. The design is cute and attractive which makes it even more popular with children.
The unique design has a zipper along with PP pads on the inside. The heat protection effect is good quality and simple to clean. This high-quality carrier is the perfect size for not only Guinea Pigs, but these small animals that weigh less than 1.5 pounds as well:
The item has a hand carrying belt design making it more convenient and more portable. To help prevent your Guinea Pig from running away, the carrier has both, an outdoor and indoor zipper as well as a grid cloth door.
With this product comes stellar customer service. Kameiou will either replace the product or refund your money within 30 days unconditionally if you find you are unhappy with the product. To read more information about this top seller and get yours ordered today, click here:
TOOGOO(R) Pet Dog Puppy Carrier Bag Oxford Cloth Cat Small Dog Rabbit Guinea Pig Pet Foldable Travel Carrier Single Shoulder Bag (Blue, S Size)
Second on the list is a single shoulder bag by the reputable manufacturer, TOOGOO. This TOOGOO Guinea Pig Pet Foldable Travel Carrier Single Shoulder Bag is small and is an attractive blue. Inside the bag is a hook along with an adjustable strap and buckle making it firm and safe.
Oxford cloth is one of the best materials you can find when it comes to products for your pets. That is another feature that makes this item superb, the Oxford cloth design. One other great feature is while you hold your small pet, he or she can enjoy the fresh air and sunshine thanks to the opening to stick its head outside.
It is machine washable and durable to ensure your Guinea Pig is safe and comfy. TOOGOO being pet lovers, chose a thoughtful design by adding a pocket for storing items. Even if you already have one type of carrier, having this particular design on-hand is a fantastic idea for walks in the park or going for a ride.
Find more information and how to place your order, just clicking here:
RYPET Hamster Carrier Bag – Portable Breathable Outgoing Bag for Guinea Pig Hedgehog Squirrel Chinchilla and Other Similar Sized Animal
The perfect place for your small pet that is warm and safe if you need to be somewhere without them is this carrier bag. This RYPET Guinea Pig Carrier Bag is a breathable and portable outgoing bag for small animals.
RYPET went above and beyond designing this product. The following are the features that make this bag high-quality:
Other than your Guinea Pig, this item is ideal for these animals:
- Sugar Glider
Made of a mesh design that is breathable and waterproof, Oxford cloth makes the ride pleasurable for your small animals. The hardware accessories are high-quality which makes the bag easier and more durable for traveling with your Guinea Pig.
For convenience, this carrier works two ways, either on your shoulder or by hand. The item is water-resistant, moisture-proof, bite resistant and anti-fouling. The best part is it is secure, comfy and snug which will provide your Guinea Pig the perfect shelter.
Ordering this product is a breeze as well as learning more about its features, click here.
Mr. Teck Mini Little Pet Dog Outdoor Carrier Travel Totes Soft Pure Cotton Puppy Kitty Rabbit Hands-Free Reversible Pouch Single Shoulder Pets Sling Carrier Comfortable
Next on the list is the Mr. Teck Mini Little Pet Outdoor Carrier Single Shoulder Pet Sling. This item is a 100 percent high-quality, brand new fashionable single-shoulder pet carrier. It has a unique design that is a sling making it perfect for your Guinea Pig and traveling.
Made from durable machine washable pure cotton fabric makes this carrier safe and comfortable. Reversible slings for small animals are the perfect combination of style and convenience. You can be hands-free thanks to the sling-style design that goes over the shoulder while your pet snuggles in comfort.
The external hasp provides additional security for preventing small pets from jumping out and harming themselves. The allowable weight for the pet is eight pounds and below. The grey, durable pure cotton material is simple to clean as well as comfortable to carry.
Find out more information on this top-seller and get your Guinea Pig one today simply by clicking here.
Products4Now Dog Carrier Bag – Airline Approved Soft Sided Travel Bag with Mesh Windows, Sturdy Bottom, and Soft Wool Fleece Cushion.
The last product on the list is by the manufacturer, Products4Now. This Products4Now pet carrier is an airline approved soft-sided travel bag that is unique in a few ways. If you are looking into traveling and need a carrier that is 100 percent airline approved, this product is the answer.
Whether it be for a Guinea Pig or small cat or dog, there is plenty of room to ensure they travel in comfort. You can rest assured that your small pet will ride or fly in comfort thanks to this soft wool fleece cushion interior.
The following are some of the features that make this carrier stand out above the rest:
- The mattress made of luxurious lambs wool is 100 percent removable for fast and easy cleaning.
- The carrier is well-ventilated thanks to the large mesh windows on the end, side, and top. These windows provide optimal airflow for your Guinea Pig or other small animal.
- The same mesh windows provide the owner with easy to access sections to tend to your pet.
- It is the perfect carrier for an animal that is 15 pounds or lighter.
To read more on this item and order yours today for your small animal, click here.
Can Guinea Pigs Get Car Sickness?
While most Guinea Pigs have no issues with traveling, some do tend to get travel sickness. If you are unsure of whether or not your pet can travel without getting sick, here is a suggestion. Try taking your Guinea Pig on a few short rides to start getting your pet used to riding in a car.
Also, be sure to add some extra layers of padding on the bottom of its carrier. If your little pig does get sick from traveling and has an accident in the carrier, you can wash it and add more. If you see that it is vomiting or has diarrhea, it is vital that you provide additional water to prevent dehydration.
What Do I Need to Know About Traveling During the Winter Months?
People that live in regions where it gets extremely cold think about putting items in their vehicle for emergencies such as food, water, and blankets. Even details such as running the heat to keep the inside of a car warm are common sense to most adults.
What about pet Guinea Pigs and other small animals? Are there special tips for traveling with them in their cage? Yes! Here are a few tips for you to help prepare your Guinea Pig for cold weather.
- Adding additional layers of fleece or cage liner to your pet’s cage will help keep it warm and snuggly.
- Keep the heater on inside the vehicle
- Keep a digital thermometer in your first-aid kit to monitor your Guinea Pigs temperature. You want to ensure your pet’s temperature remains the same and if it changes drastically in either direction, take your pet to the vet.
- Wrap your pet’s carrier in a towel or a blanket. Whichever you choose, ensure it has plenty of ventilation for it to breathe easily.
- Keep a non-electrical heating pad in your vehicle that will keep your Guinea Pig nice and warm for several hours is a wise choice. If your vehicle were to break down in extremely cold weather, your Guinea Pig or other small animals could freeze to death.
What About Hot Weather, What Do I Need to Know?
Knowing what steps to take in hot weather is just as crucial as cold weather tips. Guinea Pigs are different from some small animals in that they do not sweat. What that means is that they have no way to cool themselves down naturally.
Having a body temperature that is naturally higher than humans, Guinea Pigs may feel too hot or experience a heat-related medical illness. That can happen in temperatures that humans tolerate with no problems. To aid in keeping your Guinea Pig cool, follow these tips.
- Keep water-rich veggies on hand
- Freeze a plastic bottle filled with water. Either secure a towel around the bottle or place the bottle in a sock and then place it in your pet’s carrier. Never put ice packs made from gel in the carrier due to your Guinea Pig possibly attempting to eat the packaging and its contents. These packages can make a small animal deathly ill.
- Be sure the air conditioner is running correctly in the vehicle. Also, be sure the cold air reaches the area in the vehicle where the carrier sits. However, do not put the carrier in front of the air conditioner vents or allow the cold air to blow directly on your small pet.
- Keep your pet’s carrier out of the direct sunlight while in the car.
- Be prepared just in case your car does break down. You need to have water for you as well as your Guinea Pig (or, other small animal) and make plans for what you can do in this scenario.
Q: Where is the best place to put the carrier in a vehicle?
A: Just be sure you do not place the carrier in the direct sunlight and that you have access to straps to secure it in place.
Q: What about long trips, what should I pack?
A: Be sure to have plenty of prewashed greens in a cooler. Moreover, as mentioned above, plenty of fresh, clean water. [learn more]
Guinea Pig Supplies Near me
Traveling with a pet Guinea Pig can be fun if you prepare all the accessories and items it will need for either cold or hot weather. In this article, you learned everything you need for both. Be sure before you take a long vacation you have your Guinea Pigs health checked to ensure it can travel. You also need one of the best Guinea-Pig travel carriers such as the ones reviewed in this article.
Thank you for reading my article. I know your time is valuable and I appreciate you investing it in my work. While you are here, could you please “like and share” my work as well as leave us a comment to let us know how we are doing or if you have input.