Clean, fresh water should always to be available if you are raising a Guinea Pig. If their water turns stagnant, changing it for fresh water should take place quickly. You need to be sure you replace the water each day to prevent her from not drinking due to the bad smell and taste.
Are there any real requirements for “rodent water”? Some pet store does sell water labeled for rodents. However, if you take care of your Guinea Pig by supplying her fresh, clean water, buying those expensive brands are useless.
There is no real need to buy “special water” that claim to have extra dietary supplements or anything of that nature. Actually, healthy Guinea Pigs do not require supplemental vitamins that are in synthetic products.
- Best Hutch for 2 Guinea Pigs
- Top 5 Best Guinea Pig Carriers for Traveling
- Best Guinea Pig Litter Box: Tips, Tricks and Training for Guinea Pigs 
If your regular tap water is in excellent condition, it will fit your Guinea Pigs needs just fine.
- 1 Water Requirements for Guinea Pigs
- 2 Supplying Your Guinea Pig Fresh Water
- 3 Choco Nose H128 Patented No Drip Small Animal Water Bottle. Best Water Bottle for Small Pet/Bunny/ Ferret/Hamster/ Guinea Pig/Critter.
- 4 Oasis #80650 Dura-Pearl Colored Water Bottle for Small Animals, 16-Ounce
- 5 Choco Nose H125 Patented No Drip Small Animal Water Bottle
- 6 Miller Manufacturing BB64 Bunny drinking Bottle for Small Animals, 64-Ounce
- 7 What About Using a Guinea Pig Water Bowl?
- 8 Various Ways to Provide Water to Your Guinea Pig
- 9 Guinea Pig Supplies Near me
- 10 FAQs:
- 11 Conclusion
- 12 How useful was this post?
Water Requirements for Guinea Pigs
A Guinea Pig requires around three ounces of clean, fresh water per day. However, some Guineas do not drink as much water. That is no real danger if they have access to foods that contain water. Cucumbers, as well as other veggies, contain much water. However, you will need to provide water separately as well.
There is also a Guinea Pig breed that drinks an abundance of water. If you have a Guinea Pig that drinks a large amount of water, you may want to let a veterinarian check her as this is a sign of diabetes. It is important that you not add sugar or salt into their water.
One other important detail is to never feed your Guinea Pig distilled water or any type of alcohol. If you feed your pet plenty of good healthy foods, it is not necessary to get her water with added vitamins. You should never give the pet water that you have been drinking yourself due to the human saliva. 
Supplying Your Guinea Pig Fresh Water
Water for your pet always has to be easily accessible. There are several varieties of water you can feed your small animal. Whatever choice you make and how to provide it is also vital.
Beings cavies tend to consume less water than other small animals and rodents; it is essential that you fulfill your animal’s required amounts each day. Providing a constant supply of fresh, clean water every day– all day is a must. If you do not, it can become severely dehydrated which will impair the proper functioning of their vital organs that leads to death.
Before we go much further on the importance of water, fresh water and how your Guinea Pig can have a constant supply let’s discuss the top five water bottles. The best are the ones that do not leak that are available on the market today.
Choco Nose H128 Patented No Drip Small Animal Water Bottle. Best Water Bottle for Small Pet/Bunny/ Ferret/Hamster/ Guinea Pig/Critter.
First on the list is a product by Choco Nose. This Choco Nose Patented No Drip Small Animal Water Bottle makes this list due to its popularity with small pet owners. You can be sure that this leak-proof water bottle will ensure your pet’s hutch or cage and keep it clean and dry.
The Choco Nose is a patented leakproof nozzle that is durable enough to prevent leakage effectively. The nozzle is eco-friendly and is ideally perfect for your Pets bottle. The innovative design provides your pet with a place to enjoy fresh water that is clean while keeping your home dry and clean as well.
It has a mini-sized nozzle that is perfect for your Guinea Pig, Bunny, and Hamster. The nozzle size is 10mm and is BPA-Free.
It is vital that you train your pet to use a water bottle safely and effectively. You must check daily to ensure the tapping of the metal ball inside of the nozzle that will monitor if the nozzle if functioning correctly.
Inside the nozzle is a metal ball that you tap until the water comes out once you refill the bottle. Do not be concerned if there are air bubbles that appear after you refill the bottle because that is normal.
Also, it is important that you never squeeze the bottle for any reason or over tighten the screw on the bracket. Wash and Rinse the nozzle for removing dust and dirt at least once per week.
To find out more information about this product and place your order, click here.
Oasis #80650 Dura-Pearl Colored Water Bottle for Small Animals, 16-Ounce
This product by Oasis is a 16-ounce Dura-Pearl water bottle that features pearlized, translucent colors that look amazing. The amount of water is clear to see so that you can keep her bottle filled with fresh water.
Dura-Pearl bottle is sturdy and dependable which makes them perfect for indoor or outdoor use. The tip of the ballpoint is premium stainless steel. The bottle is 16 ounces in size and perfect for Chinchillas, Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, and Ferrets and other small animals.
If you like this product and wish to read more about it, you can as well as buying your today by clicking here.
Choco Nose H125 Patented No Drip Small Animal Water Bottle
Here is one more product from Choco Nose. By know, you have more than likely found that products by Choco Nose are the leaders of the pack. This bottle is the sibling to the other bottle listed above.
This U.S. Patented Leakproof Nozzle is perfect for the owner to be able to reuse regular PET soda bottles. Choco Nose allows your small pets to enjoy the fresh and clean water while keeping your home dry and clean.
Its special features are these:
- Nozzle Diameter of 10mm
- Its construction is BPA free material
- It has a small-sized nozzle that is perfect for small animals, including your Guinea Pig
- Its construction is made of BPA free material
- Made in Taiwan
- Nozzle Diameter of 10mm
Special Instructions for this product are:
- Bubble appear when the bottle is ready for use
- Never squeeze the bottle for any reason
- Tap the nozzle until you see water coming out after you refill the bottle.
- Never overtighten the screw-on bracket.
- Wash and Rinse the nozzle to remove dust, dirt, and grime at least once per week.
- It comes with a screw on bracket that is user-friendly and simple installation. The bottle is simple to snap off and on for refilling and cleaning.
Dahey Drinking Water Feeder Ceramics Slient Bottle Waterer Automatic Small Pets
This product is a bit different than the others on the list. The Dahey Slient Waterer makes certain you, and your pet have more time and enjoyment by developing a bottle that is trusty and durable. Here are a few features that explain why this product is a best seller.
- The design is a leak-proof waterer that all small animals can drink from because their water will be more accessible. Another perk is that when your Guinea Pig is drinking water, there is much less noise.
- It is a complete feeding system that is automatic that provides your Guinea Pig clean, fresh water even if you are away for a few days.
- The product is mini-sized making it perfect for Guinea Pigs, Hedgehog, Hamsters and especially birds. Ferrets and Chinchillas are also small animals that would love this constant water supplier.
- The high-quality ceramic makes this the perfect healthy choice for fresh water.
- Dimensions are 4.2 inches in length, 2.9 inches in Width, and 3.5 inches in height. The amount of water capacity is eight ounces.
As you probably already know most small animals are nocturnal creatures. What that means is they like to sleep all cozy during the daytime hours and run and play during night time. When your Guinea Pigs is drinking water, some products are super noisy. Dahey products design is to provide silence.
Therefore you need to consider this being the product that is the best for you and your pet.
Read more about this item and place your order today by clicking here.
Miller Manufacturing BB64 Bunny drinking Bottle for Small Animals, 64-Ounce
This product is a Miller Manufacturing drinking bottle that holds 64 ounces of water. That is just the beginning of the features that make it a high-quality best seller on the market. Besides its size, the bottle has a wide mouth that makes for easy filling
The bottle is simple to attach and fits most cages. You never have to worry about keeping your Guinea Pig hydrated with this product from Miller Manufacturing due to its size. Just because it is less expensive than some others listed on this guide, customers that have one for their small animals give it four stars on Amazon.
To read more and order one today, please click here.
There are the top five best-selling Guinea Pig Water Bottles that does not leak. If you choose to buy one of the products we have provided a review for, you are getting the best. When you order from Amazon, you get the best prices, best customer service, and fast delivery.
What About Using a Guinea Pig Water Bowl?
A water bowl gives your Guinea Pig an alternative to the bottles we have mentioned. Some owners claim Guinea Pigs prefer them over a bottle while others prefer the bottle. For Guinea Pigs, however, using a bowl can be messy even though they are easier to use.
That is true if your Guinea Pig started out drinking from a bowl as they matured and that is all they know how to use. A bowl can be very useful if you have a sick Guinea Pig that may struggle with raising its head to drink from a water bottle. 
Various Ways to Provide Water to Your Guinea Pig
As you already know, your Guinea Pig needs always to be able to have easy access to water. There are also several different varieties that can do just that, provide water consistently. The choice you make should be due to which is best for your Guinea Pig.
Here are the way you can provide fresh water at all times.
- Sippy Bottles: Sippy bottles benefit greatly when compared to the standard drinking bottle. The opening remains closed and has a small gib for the Guinea Pig to barely have to put much effort into keeping the water flowing.
The tongue never has to work very hard to make the bottle work which makes drinking much more accessible. That is the reason that Guinea Pigs prefer the sippy.
- The Drinking Bottle: The drinking bottle is popular and used more by the owner of Guinea Pigs. It is because it easily clips on the outside parts of the cage and has a small pipe into it. The pipe shortened at the end and has a little ball on the inside that prevents leakage.
Your Guinea Pig needs to hit against the ball regularly to drink, and each clap supplies a drop of water . That generates the classic sound of clicking when your pet goes from afresh of water.
- A Bowl for Drinking
The bowl option is a favorite to many because there is no reason to forge their heads. That makes drinking water simple and clean. However, most Guinea Pigs do not find a bowl to be their favorite. Bowls have an excellent disadvantage with the water due to it being susceptible to hay, litter-dust, and litter pollutes the bowls rather quickly if your Guinea Pig in lives in a cage.
Guinea Pig Supplies Near me
Q: Do Guinea Pigs Like Cold or Warm water when the seasons change?
A: Just like a human, Guinea Pigs need cold water during warmer seasons. Therefore, be sure to buy the products that help keep water cold during hot seasons.
Q: Should I monitor the amount of water my Guinea Pig drinks?
A: Basically, you will find your Guinea Pigs will drink the same amounts throughout the day. That could, however, change with the seasons. Warmer weather you will notice an increase in the amount she drinks.
As you can see, there are several different water bottle options for your Guinea Pig. You may have to experiment with a few different ways to provide water, but the main thing is that you have water that if fresh for her at all times.
Thank you for reading our article. We know your time is valuable as well as your opinion. While you are here let us know in the comment section what you think and if you have any information you maybe could share with others.
Also, please like and share our work so that we can help others. Once again, thank you.
How useful was this post?