If you had to eat the same food every day, three times per day, you would probably get tired of it in no time. Your Guinea Pigs primary diet typically comes from commercial pellets. However, whatever is in it seems to keep her coming back for more when you add a healthy mix of vegetables and fruits.
A Guinea Pig by nature eats a diet of crops, vegetables, plants, and grasses. That can be a challenge to find all the necessary foods at home if you do not grow them all yourself. One crucial detail for which foods will depend on your pets lifestyle, age, and state of her health.
- Top 5 Best Guinea Pig Carriers for Traveling
- Best Guinea Pig Shampoo
- Best Guinea Pig Food Bowl and Dishes
One of the leaders that produce the healthiest, high-quality food for your Guinea Pig is Oxford. Before we look at more about your Guinea Pigs dietary tract.
- 1 Let’s take a look at the Oxford Guinea Pig Food Review:
- 1.1 Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig (Timothy Based), 5-Pound Bag
- 1.2 Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig (Timothy Based), 10-Pound Bag
- 1.3 Oxbow Animal Health Essentials- Young Guinea Pig Food
- 1.4 Oxbow Animal Health Cavy Cuisine Adult Guinea Pig Fortified Small Animal Feeds, 5-Pound
- 1.5 Oxbow Animal Health Cavy Cuisine Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food, 25-Pound
- 2 Information About The Furry, Fun-loving Guinea Pig
- 3 How useful was this post?
Let’s take a look at the Oxford Guinea Pig Food Review:
Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig (Timothy Based), 5-Pound Bag
A high-quality Adult Guinea Pig Food contains the healthiest hay, which is Timothy Grass. This Oxbow Essential Adult Guinea Pig five pound bag has a large amount of healthy timothy grass meal. That means it includes the high fiber that Guinea Pigs need to maintain a healthy diet.
There are lower levels of calcium, calories, and protein than what alfalfa-based pellets have. However, keep in mind that the adult piggy’s digestive system is not on the same level as younger animals. For younger animals, the alfalfa-based is perfect for their diet.
To read more about this product and orders yours today, click here:
Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig (Timothy Based), 10-Pound Bag
This product is the same one listed above, but it comes in a 10-pound bag instead of a five pound.
The link to order this product and paying the best price on the web, click here:
Oxbow Animal Health Essentials- Young Guinea Pig Food
This product by Oxbow is for the young Guinea Pig. Oxbow Essential-Young Guinea Pig Food meets all the specific nutritional requirements of a young, pregnant, and nursing Guinea Pig to aid them with thriving.
The balanced and complete young Guinea Pig Food has ample amounts of Alfalfa Hay to provide it with the fiber and energy she needs for a healthy digestive tract. Order yours today and read other information by clicking here.
Oxbow Animal Health Cavy Cuisine Adult Guinea Pig Fortified Small Animal Feeds, 5-Pound
Oxbow Animal Health Cavy Cuisine Adult Guinea Pig feed in a five-star product for a good reason. This oxford product has plenty of Timothy Grass meal, including the high amount of fiber that Guinea Pigs need. Feeding your pet the Oxbow Cavy Cuisine Guinea Pig Food ensures a healthy diet.
However, there are lower levels of alfalfa-based pellets, calcium, calories, and protein. Cavy Cuisine-adult Guinea Pig contains vitamin C which is an optimal phosphorous-to-calcium ratio that helps maintain their health.
This product is top of the line, and you can order yours here and get the best prices by clicking here:
Oxbow Animal Health Cavy Cuisine Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food, 25-Pound
Last on the list of products by Oxbow is the Oxbow Animal Health Cavy Cuisine Essentials Adult 25 pound bag. This product is also a Timothy grass meal that includes plenty of high fiber that your adult Guinea Pig needs.
This Cavy-Cuisine-adult Guinea Pig also contains vitamin C to help maintain your Guinea Pigs healthy body. It has all the nutrients and vitamins it takes to keep her happy and healthy. All Oxbow Grass Hays and Treats, Cavy Cuisine, provides stabilized nutrition. This product, the oxbow guinea pig food 25 lb bag will last your small pet a healthy meal for a long time.
Place your order here to get the healthiest food on the market at the lowest prices by clicking here:
Information About The Furry, Fun-loving Guinea Pig
The following are tips and facts new Guinea Pig owners must keep in mind:
- When it comes to Guinea Pigs, these small pets require a moderate-high level of fiber in the diet. It is vital that you feed her high, good quality of fresh hay with her Oxbow feed.
- The Guinea Pig, unlike rabbits, but like humans are unable to produce its own Vitamin C, therefore, its owner must be the one to provide their Guinea Pig with the supplement. These small little critters also have high levels of Vitamin A needs, higher than any other rodent or rabbits.
- Guinea Pigs dry food should never contain high calcium levels due to it leading to severe urinary tract issues.
- Guinea Pigs, chinchillas, and rabbits each have teeth that continually grow. If given unsuitable foods, it wears their teeth sufficiently and that leads to having severely painful dental conditions. Providing plenty of grass and hay to their diet is vital for ensuring that their teeth wear down properly. Serious dental disease will be the result if you fail to feed her the proper nutrition.
- It is not a good idea to make any significant changes to your pet’s diet because it may make her extremely ill. Always add new foods gradually.
Many foods can be deadly to your guinea pig, so you need to ensure you always double check and know exactly what you are feeding her ahead of time. There are a few foods that you should never feed your Guinea Pig, and these are:
- Tomato Leaves
There are plenty of nutritionally balanced diets for Guinea Pigs and other small animals available. Manufacturers each have experts that provide advice on what you should and should not buy for your Guinea Pig. Also, these products come with the helpful information on when to feed them and how many times each day. (source)
If you need further information, contact the manufacturer directly for assistance.
Thank you for taking the time to read my article. I aim is to help pet owners learn as much as possible about their animal member of their family. Could you please “like and share” this article and leave us a comment to let us know you enjoyed the information or have any questions.
How useful was this post?
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.