A bad workman quarrels with his tools. That’s a phrase you’ve probably heard a thousand times. However, are the tools to blame every time a woodworker’s productivity fails to manifest, and output falls below expectations?
The truth is; there will be awful days at the workshop, but that notwithstanding, a woodworker shouldn’t rush to apportion blame on his equipment. It is imperative to note that a good start is only possible with the best woodcutting tools such as saws, a machete or an ax.
This review narrows down three table saws, and the aim is to make it easier for any carpenter, a lumber or a professional logger out there make the right tool choices for every situation. It is a case of Dewalt Dwe749 vs. Bosch 4100-09 vs. Dw744xrs, all of which are top brand products in the market.
- DeWalt DWX723 vs. DWX724 vs. DWX725b vs. DWX726: What Works?
- Best Table Saw Blade for Ripping Hardwood/Plywood/Oak: 2019 Reviews and Guide
- Circular Saw Vs. Jigsaw Vs. Reciprocating Saw: Get The Right Tool For Your Job
- 1 What is a Table Saw?
- 2 Why Table Saws?
- 3 Dewalt Dwe7491rs vs. Bosch 4100-09 vs Dw744xrs: Is There a Difference?
- 4 2019 Reviews:
- 5 How to Choose the Right Table Saw Blade?
- 6 What is the Right Fencing System for Your Table Saw?
- 7 Table Saw Maintenance and Care Tips
- 8 FAQs:
- 9 Table Saw for Sale Near me
- 10 Final Thought
- 11 How useful was this post?
What is a Table Saw?
It is electric cutting equipment that mounts on a stand. In previous reviews, we have looked at different types of saws, and accessories that come with each, such as blade sharpeners. Therefore, this post is an extension of related products one would find worthwhile in the woodcutting enterprise. 
Why Table Saws?
It is because every woodworker deserves to have a tool that guarantees straightforward cutting and precision when working on large planks. That is often something which is hard to achieve with circular saw blades or other variants like Hybrid saws and cabinet saws.
Also, accuracy and efficiency with which one cuts through wood grain are possible by what is known as a fencing system in table saws. Because of this, millions of woodworkers now label the equipment as the heart of their workshops.
However, knowing how difficult it could be for anyone to decide on the right pick for the money among these competing products; Dewalt Dwe749 vs. Bosch 4100-09 vs. Dw744xrs, we are here to help. Morninghomestead had long set out on a fact-finding mission to make things easier for you. Moreover, so to begin with, take a look at the quick preview in the following table before further ado.
Dewalt Dwe7491rs vs. Bosch 4100-09 vs Dw744xrs: Is There a Difference?
|Dewalt Dwe7491rs||Bosch 4100-09||Dw744xrs|
|A wide rip of 32.5-inches||25-inch rip capacity||24.5-inch rip capacity|
|Adjustable rack and pinion fence||Digital fence||Features a rack and pinion fencing|
|Highly portable||Very Portable||Portable|
|15 Amp motor power||15 Amp motor power||15 Amp motor power|
|Features Telescoping fencing rails||It features square lock Rip fence||Telescopic fence|
|25-1/4 X 22 working area||29 x 21.5 working area||10-inch ripping blade size|
|Weighs 90 lbs||Weighs 99 lbs||90lbs|
Dewalt Dwe7491rs Reviews: How Good is it Really?
Woodworkers who have been using Dewalt Dwe749rs say it is one of the best table saws in the market. Moreover, so the question is; why should you also buy it?
DewaltDwe7491rs, 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2 Inch Rip Capacity and Rolling Stand
Well, here is a run-through its top features and more:
- Any tool that provides a user with accuracy is worth the money. There is no doubt about that when it comes to Dewalt Dwe749rs. On top of that, the rack and pinion fencing system are smooth and easy to adjust.
- Weighs 90 pounds, something which makes it highly recommended job site equipment if you will be moving from place to place.
- A Rip capacity of 32.5-inches is probably the best you will find in the market.
- 15 Amp motor power suits your cutting needs even hardwoods.
- There is a flip over the fence that lets you achieve slim cuts.
- It features a rolling stand, something which not only makes it stable but also makes it easy to set up at the workstation.
- Comes fitted with a 2.5-Inches dust collection point that links to a vacuum outlet.
- 90 degrees angular cut with up to 3.125 inches depth.
What Do You Get in the Package?
When you buy DewaltDwe749rs, the following accompany the equipment:
- A rolling stand
- A gauge miter
- Carbide Blade; 10-inch with 24-teeth
- A push stick
- Table saw for the job site
It is also important to note that your purchase comes with a 3-year product warranty (manufacturer limited).
Why Do you Need the Dewalt Dwe749rs?
Here, you need to ask the question; what will I be doing with this top-notch product? The following applications suit the tool:
- If you want to build a deck, then this is the right tool for the money. It lets you rip decking boards, railings, and rail caps.
- A carpenter’s necessity. Trim wood for building bookshelves, lumber for building entertainment joints, rip moldings and wainscoting with great ease.
- Ideal for remodeling tasks such as ripping lumber frames on materials up to 4 by 8 feet.
- Rip filler boards for cabinet installation using Dewalt Dwe749rs.
Bosch 4100-09 Reviews: How Good is it?
Next in line is Bosch’s table saw. So, why would you choose this item over the first one in this review?
Bosch 10-Inch, worksite Table saw 4100-09 with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand.
Woodworkers who settle for this product do it for many reasons such as the following:
- A table saw that you could move from one workstation to another (portable) is always an excellent choice, and that is the first thing you get when you opt for Bosch’s 4100-09. It is possible, thanks to a gravity-rise, an innovative design feature that lets a user collapse the table, and can also adjust the table’s height to a desirable level.
- Its pneumatic wheels enhance mobility.
- It has a square lock fence, and it is for some reasons. First, it facilitates cutting accuracy, and secondly, for easy one-handed operation when you glide wood on the rails.
- Cut wood with unmatched precision, thanks to Bosch’s 4100-09 motor power, no load 3650 RPM.
- Wide cutting area. A 10-inch table capacity is large enough of a surface for holding up to 25-inches lumber during ripping.
- It is also a product designed for longevity, and one-month money-back guarantee re-assures a buyer of unmatched quality.
- Weights 99 pounds
- 1-year manufacturer product warranty further gives you peace of mind.
What Do You Get in the Package?
- 40-tooth sawing carbide blade
- A smart guard system
- Rip fence
- Push stick
- Miter gauge
- Standard Throat Plate Table- insert
- Hexing guard system
- Blade Wrench
- Gravity-rise table stand
DeWalt Dw744xrs Reviews: How Good is it?
Dw744xrs also makes it to this comparison review, and you are probably wondering why?
DEWALT Dw744xrs, 10-Inch Jobsite Table saw with rolling stand
If you need a 10-inch Rip Blade on a job site table saw that is easy to adjust, and also comes with a Site-Pro guarding system (modular), then your search ends here. However, that is not all you get with Dw744xrs. Those who have been using it give a nod of approval because of the following extra features:
- Highly portable (90 pounds)
- 5 rip capacity guided by a telescoping fence
- Just like Dewalt Dwe749rs, Dw744xrs features a rack and pinion fencing rails for fast, accurate, comfortable and smooth adjustment on the go.
- 15 Amp motor transmits high-torque power hence rips through hardwood with great ease.
- It has a storage fitting where you can keep lumbering tools.
What you get when you buy Dw744xrs:
- Enjoy 30-day money back guarantee.
- 1-year free equipment servicing.
- A 3-year manufacturer product guarantee (limited).
How to Choose the Right Table Saw Blade?
Now, when it comes to buying the best table saw, it is essential to premise your decision on specific factors such as the following:
While there will come a time when a woodworker has to change the blade a good selection means you will be able to realize appropriate cuts and durability. However, that is not all that goes into making the right decision regarding blades. Thus, one should learn the following:
- The correct blade sizing: Two things play significance here, and they include the diameter of the inner mounting hole and the outside diameter. Standard sizing range between 8 to 12 inches, albeit, there are smaller and bigger ones.
- Blade adjustment: Here, you need to ask the question; are you adjusting vertically? What about along the axis? Vertical adjustments help realize deeper cuts and especially when ripping thick lumber. On the other hand, changes along the axis help perform desired angular cuts. You can do inclined cuts when creating joints.
- The Type of Blade: Again, there are two variants when it comes to this; rip and crosscuts. Rip blades feature fewer teeth and more gullets, and are for fast cutting, even though result in rough edges. Crosscuts are for smooth cuts, except that they are quite slow.
- Blade Teething: More teeth equal smooth edges. It means; crosscut blades qualify as the best option here. You should choose from 24 to 80 teeth depending on the material you want to cut.
- Make Material: Carbon steel, steel, diamond, and aluminum are some of the most common blade materials. You can also buy one that features tungsten carbide for ripping hardwood. A woodworker must take into consideration the type of material to be cut, whether, PVC, Plywood, acrylic or hardwood before settling on the right blade material.
- Blade RPM: RPM is the maximum speed at which a blade moves. It is an abbreviation of Revolutions per minute. However, the rate of your table saw should not be faster than that of an edge; failure to which the latter would snap under centrifugal force.
What is the Right Fencing System for Your Table Saw?
As earlier indicated, you would be able to realize straight cut with this feature. The ideal characteristic of the best fencing system is that one should be able to make both horizontal and vertical adjustments with ease. Secondly, buying decisions should be premised on compactness. Look for fences that bring to your workshop, smooth sliding during cutting and are stable on the rails.
In case of sliding difficulties, the best thing to do is apply a lubricant. You will notice that Biesenmeyer Commercial T-Square Fence is the most common fence type. In fact, most manufacturers emulate this feature when designing fencing systems of table saw blades such as Dewalt Dwe749rs or Dw744xrs.
Look at the Miter Gauge
The first and most essential thing here is to understand how a meter gauge works. It is relatively simple. It is a fitting on the meter slot that looks like a half a cycle and has calibrations in degrees. Now, depending on the type of cut you want, say, angular, one can choose between +45 to -45 degrees.
What is the Ideal Motor Power (AMP)?
Most buyers will straightaway head to the motor specs, but the question is; do you understand what they mean? Well, while it is evident that the more horsepower a table saw has, the pricey it is, that is only part of the story. It is also important to look at the voltage rating.
If your woodwork would involve ripping 2-inches thick lumber, then a horsepower rating of 1hp or 2hp fits the bill. In that case, voltage consumption will be around 120v. For intensive cutting tasks, say 5hp, more horsepower becomes necessary.
The Type of Drive
There is a strong correlation between the drive and AMP. However, drive belt equally matters; with the two main ones being, belt and direct drives.
- Connecting directly to the motor
- Energy efficient
- Direct drives are much quieter than belt drives
- They do not require much maintenance and are lightweight
- Smaller in size
- Low maintenance
- Less powerful
- Cost only a few bucks (cheap)
- Belt drives operate on a pulley system through which they link to the motor
- Not very energy-efficient
- They are instrumental when it comes to cutting thick and hardwood
- You will also notice that belt drives minimize sawdust collection in the motor
- Expensive because of high torque and power
- Higher maintenance because you will be replacing belts.
Brand-Based Buying Decision
This review looks at two leading brands, DEWALT and Bosch. DEWALT range of table saws are products of high-quality standardization and manufacturing. The company itself has carved out a reputable name in the competitive market, thanks to its range of products cutting across drilling equipment, routers, joiners, hammers, screwdrivers, generators and more.
There are over a thousand locations worldwide from where you can buy DEWALT branded table saws and other accessories. However, much of that is North America, including service and repair centers. On Amazon, you can place orders for any of the equipment in this review and get your delivery in a matter of hours or within a week.
On the other hand, Bosch Tool Corporation is a North American Incorporated Company with over 350 branches spread across 60 countries worldwide, that is, without mentioning service and sales partners in about 150 countries. Other brands are Shop Fox W1824 and SKILL 3410-02, technically, from different manufacturers.
There is also the cost factor when making purchases. However, it is not a stand-alone issue. Things like material, brand, drive, torque power and blade make amends when it comes to pricing. So, it is critical to weigh into these aspects carefully before settling on a product for the money.
Table Saw Maintenance and Care Tips
The following tips should help you maintain and service your equipment so that it always realizes optimal functionality:
- Use a gum and pitch remover to clean the blades
- Cut, worn out or damaged cords are components you should make sure to replace to avoid risks such as accidents
- Routinely check the tilting and blade-raising to ascertain they are intact. Do this, at least every five hours
- Lubricate the bevel gear using a dry lubricant such as graphite
- Make sure the worm gear is free from sawdust, which means, cleaning it is something you must occasionally do
- For easy glide and cutting, make sure to polish the table saw with a wax
- Keep the plastic parts clean. After washing with soapy water, then dry clean
- Regularly clean-up of the motor and the saw cabinet. 
Q: How do I stay safe when using my table saw?
A: Safety concerns should come as a priority when using any equipment in a workshop, and that includes a table saw. In line with what this post is all about, it is essential to avoid using the miter gauge and the fence concurrently when doing a crosscut. Dismount the latter to prevent a situation of kickback.
Q: It is safe to use an extension cord on a table saw?
A: Definitely! However, there are safety precautions one must take when doing so. They include the following:
- The cord must be in good condition to avoid snapping which may cause accidents when the amperage is very high
- Short cords are ideal
- It is important to read carefully, extension cord product label at all times before using one
Q: Must I use the table stand?
A: Well, most people wouldn’t want to try something different, but a DIY stand can always do the trick. A suitable surface on which to mount your equipment is a right fitting. However, make sure there is 11-inch cut on the surface to let off saw dust. A build-up of sawdust has the potential of damaging your tool when they get into the motor.
Q: Should I lubricate the drive motor?
A: The answer is NO, but why? Inner components of your table saw are sealed permanently by the manufacturer, which means you can only apply lubricants on external movable parts such as joints and pivots. Dry lubricating oils such as silicon and graphite are the best options because they do not trap dust.
Q: Is it possible to make my guide rails?
A: Those who love DIY projects will want to find out if they can make their rails. Well, it’s pretty easy. There are many video tutorials and blogs online that can help you with this. You only need two necessary materials namely; tubing and angle iron. The latter connects to an extension table, while the pipe is an attachment to the angle iron.
Q: My Table saw won’t power up?
A: While the problem could be as a result of wrong cabling or damaged wires, including plugging, it is always important to contact the manufacturer if troubleshooting these areas doesn’t bear any fruits.
Table Saw for Sale Near me
In the end, and with the right information, it is always about making a well-calculated move for the right product. You may be tempted to settle for Bosch 4100-09 given its high-end features. However, that wouldn’t be the case if you need one with a square lock fence or something that weighs a little less such as Dw744xrs (90 pounds).
Sometimes your selection could be money-driven, and that’s okay as long as one takes home a quality product
Moreover, in the hope that this review has exhaustively looked into your concerns, every woodworker out there deserves to equally catch a glimpse of this post and learn more about Dewalt Dwe749 vs. Bosch 4100-09 vs. Dw744xrs. Please share widely.
One more thing; your views keep Morninghomestead on the high gear, which means, you can always come back and check out our website. We always have new, fresh content so that we can offer enlightening, comprehensive and dependable product reviews for a delightful shopping experience. Share your opinions or suggestions in the comment part below.
How useful was this post?
5 / 5. 1