Firewood racks, simply put, are the best way of storing logs and wood that you might have at home. Open fires and wood burners are a luxury addition to many homes, and one everyone would love to make use of during cold seasons.
However, where do you store your logs? Well, the porch might be an idea, but what if you do not have a porch, or it is too small? Not to worry, just store them in the garden! However, hold on, what if the weather is terrible? Wet logs are not going to burn half as well as dry ones. That is the reason the Best Firewood Rack for Outdoor Log Storage is essential for anyone.
- Best Hand Saw for Cutting Trees or Firewood: Reviews and Guide (2020)
- Firewood for Sale near Me: Find the Best Firewood Suppliers near You to Buy
- Kindling Cracker Firewood Kindling Splitter: 2020 Reviews and Guide
- 1 Best Firewood Rack: Factors to Consider
- 2 Top 10 Best Rated Firewood Racks and Covers for Outdoor Log Storage:
- 2.1 Landmann 82433 8-Foot Firewood Log Rack
- 2.2 The Woodhaven 8 Foot Firewood Log Rack with Cover
- 2.3 The Woodhaven 5 Foot Firewood Log Rack with Cover
- 2.4 Pleasant Hearth – 32mm Heavy Duty Log Rack
- 2.5 4ft Outdoor Firewood Log Rack for Fireplace Heavy Duty Wood Stacker Holder
- 2.6 Fireplace Log Rack with 4 Tools Indoor Outdoor Fireside Firewood Holders
- 2.7 Classic Accessories 52-068-020401-00 Log Rack Cover, Black, 4-Feet
- 2.8 Classic Accessories Ravenna Log Rack Cover – 4-Feet
- 2.9 Classic Accessories Veranda Log Rack Cover, 4-Feet
- 2.10 Classic Accessories Ravenna Log Rack Cover, 8-Feet
- 3 Where to Buy Firewood Racks?
- 4 Firewood Storage Tips
- 5 Benefits of Using a Firewood Rack
- 6 How to Build a Firewood Rack From Pallets
- 7 Where to Place Firewood Racks
- 8 FAQs:
- 9 Final Thoughts
Best Firewood Rack: Factors to Consider
When considering the best firewood rack for your home, there are some factors you have got to consider. There is no one-size-fits-all firewood rack, and the different varieties will all depend on what you look for in a firewood rack.
These are some of the essentials you have to consider when trying to choose the ideal frame to suit your needs:
- Size – Firewood racks come in all manner of different shapes and sizes, and you should pick what best fits your tastes. You need to think about practicality as well as aesthetics when making your choice, and size plays a significant
- Visuals – Aesthetics matter whether we want them to or not, and this is something to consider when choosing your firewood rack. The good news is there are loads of stunning designs nowadays, and there is plenty of choices to suit any interior or exterior you want.
- Style – You probably think style and visuals are pretty much the same things, but they are not. Visuals are just one element of the design; you should also look at material – you can get some excellent styles made out of metal, wood, and plastic. There’s also the shape to consider too – curved, rectangular, square. These are all factors that can inform your decision.
- Cost – As with anything in life, you are going to have a budget to help decide your purchase. So you need to think about what is available for the price range you have as well. Firewood racks vary in price and tend to range from anything between $30 to a few hundred dollars. Have an amount in mind before you set out to make your choice.
Top 10 Best Rated Firewood Racks and Covers for Outdoor Log Storage:
To help you make your decision is this guide for the top 10 best-rated firewood racks and covers on the web. These are considered to be hugely popular; you will also determine them as being among the wisest choices on the market. If you want to find the best outdoor firewood rack to improve your garden, this is definitely the list for you.
|Landmann 82433 8-Foot Firewood Log Rack Only||- 8-foot|
- Stable, Safe
- Easy assembly
- Strong tubular steel
|The Woodhaven 8 Foot Firewood Log Rack with Cover||- 8 Foot|
- Simple assembly
- Environmentally friendly
|The Woodhaven 5 Foot Firewood Log Rack with Cover||- 5 Foot|
- Simple assembly
- Made in the U.S.A
|4ft Outdoor Firewood Log Rack for Fireplace Heavy Duty Wood Stacker Holder||- 4-feet|
- Rust free
- One-year warranty
- Sturdy and Durable
|Fireplace Log Rack with 4 Tools Indoor Outdoor Fireside Firewood Holders||- Indoor/Outdoor|
- Easy to Assemble
- Ergonomic Design
- Large Capacity: 29.1" x15.8" x11.8"
|Classic Accessories Log Rack Cover||- Black, 4-Feet|
- Weather-X Fabric System
- Dual Air Vents
- One-Year Warranty
|Classic Accessories Veranda Log Rack Cover, 4-Feet||- Durability|
- Padded handles for comfort
- Three-year limited warranty
|Classic Accessories Ravenna Log Rack Cover, 8-Feet||- 8-Feet|
- Durable and Water Resistant Fabric
- Limited lifetime warranty
Landmann 82433 8-Foot Firewood Log Rack
This handsome and practical rack is the ultimate exercise in simplicity, and it is great because you can also get a 4-foot version as well. Ideal for keeping wood safe and off the ground, and it is weatherproof as well. It is a sleek design that would fit in most outdoor spaces, and you can also buy it with a cover as well.
The Woodhaven 8 Foot Firewood Log Rack with Cover
Thanks to the Woodhaven firewood rack assembly instructions it is effortlessly simple to assemble, and ideally sized for holding loads of wood, this is one of the top choices for customers. Quality, robustness, and stability are the keywords here, and they are the things that make this such a stunning choice for customers.
It might be a little pricier than other models on the market, but you most definitely get what you pay for here.
The Woodhaven 5 Foot Firewood Log Rack with Cover
This outdoor fire rack is really easy to assemble and will allow you to start storing your wood in minutes! It is heavy duty and fantastic quality, and the kind of rack you can expect to keep for years. Never be afraid to spend a little more on quality and durability, you will not regret it!
Pleasant Hearth – 32mm Heavy Duty Log Rack
What you will love about this best firewood storage rack is the fact that you can buy a 4-foot, 8-foot, or an adjustable version, so there’s something to cater to everybody. It is well packaged, looks great, and the price is really attractive as well. Weatherproof and reliable, this is the perfect choice for protecting your firewood.
4ft Outdoor Firewood Log Rack for Fireplace Heavy Duty Wood Stacker Holder
You can enjoy one of the best racks on the market, and you will save a staggering amount of cash as well.! Rust-free, and with one year warranty, this is the ultimate way to keep your firewood dry and safe these days – so make sure you check it out.
Fireplace Log Rack with 4 Tools Indoor Outdoor Fireside Firewood Holders
If you are looking for something a little more unique and different regarding design, how about checking out this vertical firewood rack. You will save plenty of space, and you can use it for indoor storage as well as outdoor.
There are also some wonderful accessories included, such as tongs, a poker, and a steel plate. You will be hard-pressed to find a rack much better than this.
Classic Accessories 52-068-020401-00 Log Rack Cover, Black, 4-Feet
This cool design gives you an easy-to-use rack, complete with a durable and weatherproof cover to keep the wood warm and dry. No matter the weather, this cart will look great in your garden and does its job wonderfully.
Moreover, the best thing is that you can get an 8-foot version too if you need something bigger!
Classic Accessories Ravenna Log Rack Cover – 4-Feet
Another of the best firewood racks on the market – this is the perfect offering from Ravenna. It would complement any back garden and gives you the ideal log storage solution. The cover is one of the best-looking and most durable on the market. You can also buy the 8-foot version too, but we think the 4-foot is the best value choice.
Classic Accessories Veranda Log Rack Cover, 4-Feet
Also available in 8-foot and 12-foot varieties, this is one of the best and most basic firewood rack covers on the market. It is not trying to reinvent the wheel, but instead, it does everything it sets out to do. The brilliantly designed covers are strong and stable and offer perfect protection for the firewood you are trying to store.
Classic Accessories Ravenna Log Rack Cover, 8-Feet
Premium quality for an affordable price that is the name of the game here. This classic rack cover by Ravenna offers the ultimate in firewood storage, with a great-looking and robust appearance that can be used to protect your logs.
Perfect used as part of a patio set, or on its own, this is one of the finest models on the market and one you should definitely consider.
Where to Buy Firewood Racks?
So, the question you are probably considering now is where to buy firewood racks. If you are looking for the perfect outdoor frame to keep your firewood clean and dry, you need to think about quality, design, brand, cost, and size.
Moreover, there are some places you can find the perfect firewood racks to suit your domestic needs. These are some of the best options if you have committed to finding the ultimate firewood rack:
This is where you identify a company or brand that makes the exact firewood rack you are after, and then you buy it directly from that company and their website. It is an excellent way of ensuring you are getting exactly the product you want, as well as focusing on quality and dependability. You will likely pay a little more by doing it this way, but it is worth it because you will be able to get the exact product you want.
These days the vast majority of purchases are made online, and it is pretty clear why. There is so much convenience when you can buy exactly what you need online. There are plenty of sites like Amazon and eBay that allow you to find a vast selection of firewood racks to make your choice. You can also read reviews from other buyers to ensure that you are going for an option that has all the hallmarks of the quality you require.
Buy in Person
Now, if you are of a slightly older generation, this will definitely be the preferable option for you. There is something about going to look at a product or purchase in person that just gives you more confidence. 
Sometimes when you buy things online, there’s that worry that you will not get exactly what you thought you had ordered. By purchasing in person, this is not something you ever have to worry about, and you can see precisely what you are going to be buying.
Firewood Storage Tips
You also need to understand the best way of storing your firewood these days. If you are in the market for an outdoor firewood rack, there’s no doubt you will be aware of the fact that this is the best way of storing firewood and keeping it protected. 
However, it is important to know other tips that will help you with this as well, so here are some of the best ones. You need to think about how you are going to keep the wood dry, protect it from the weather, and store as much of it as you can. Check out these tips to help you store your firewood as efficiently as possible:
- Always store it outside as the wood may attract pests.
- Never rest the wood up against the home, or trees, pests may damage the structure.
- Make sure you always use a storage rack or woodshed.
- Use a base, so the wood is not lying directly on the floor.
- Never stack the woodpile more than 4ft high.
- Use a cover to protect and shield the wood from the rain.
- Try to store it as close to the fireplace as possible.
Benefits of Using a Firewood Rack
Now, as you might imagine, there are plenty of benefits to using a firewood rack. You need to think about whether or not you are doing the best for your firewood. Having a fire or wood burner in your home is an excellent source of heat, and will help you reduce the cost of your heating bills.
So, you need to make sure you utilize this as much as possible, and that means making use of a firewood rack. These are some of the benefits of using a firewood rack:
- Always have wood available – When you are using a wood burner or open fire you want to be able to make use of it whenever you can. Moreover, the best way to do this is to make sure you always have wood to use. With a firewood rack, you will be in a position where you always have wood when you need it.
- Keep logs dry – There is nothing worse than having to deal with firewood that is damp or wet. It is a nightmare to try to get it to burn when it is like this, so you need to keep it dry as much as possible.
- convenience – It is great to be able to have somewhere that you can store the logs effectively and efficiently. Firewood racks offer a convenient solution for keeping your wood stored close to the home, and it is a great way of storing as much as possible too.
- Aesthetic benefits – On a more superficial side of things, having a firewood rack for the garden will make your outdoor space look really impressive and striking. This helps make the home better, and could even add value to the property.
How to Build a Firewood Rack From Pallets
If you do not want to shell out for a firewood rack, you can always set about building your own from pallets. That is something that the DIYers out there will probably love, and it will save you some serious dollars as well as letting you flex your creative muscles too. Here is a short guide to help you figure out how you can build an outdoor firewood rack from pallets. 
- Source some heavy duty pallets that are strong and well constructed.
- Use your power saw to cut it down to the right size for your garden.
- Remove the slats, and use them to construct the side walls of the rack.
- Add side wall supports with two shorter (trimmed) slats.
- Structure complete, now you just need to make a cover for it!
Where to Place Firewood Racks
Firewood racks are the perfect choice for inside or outside of a home, but there is a decision to make. You need to think about the sort of frame you want to buy, and this will help determine where you are going to keep it.
If it is inside then somewhere like a porch or utility room would be ideal – though you need to be careful because the wood can attract all manner of pests. If you are keeping it outside, you might consider placing it by a wall, or in the corner on the patio.
However, make sure the wood does not lean against the wall of the property, as this might cause long-term problems. The best firewood racks can be easily assembled and stand securely outside the home.
So, we know you might have some questions concerning the best way of choosing firewood racks, etc. So, these are five fundamental questions we get a lot when it comes to firewood racks, they are questions you might have yourself about the process, and things you might need to know about firewood racks.
Q: How much should I spend on a firewood rack?
A: As a question, this is mostly subjective and is something that depends a lot on your budget and personal circumstances. These racks can range anywhere between forty bucks and several hundred dollars. There is plenty of range out there so it might be a good idea to see what is available. You can buy smaller versions of the racks if you want to make sure you save money.
Q: Are there any significant brands?
A: As with pretty much any product these days, there are some big names in the world of outdoor firewood racks. Some of the biggest names in the industry include Ravenna, Landmann, and Woodhaven. That is not to say you cannot get other great makes and models as well.
Q: How should I choose?
A: Well, there are many things to account for when it comes to choosing a firewood rack. You are going to be looking mainly at size, durability, and functionality. That is a product you have bought for practicality as much as anything else, so you need to bear that in mind when you make your choice.
Q: How long should my rack last?
A: If you have spent wisely and bought a good quality rack, you should be getting years of usage out of it. You should find it durable, sturdy, weatherproof, and visually pleasing. The lesser-quality varieties might start to display some pretty significant signs of wear and tear after a year or two. So, you are pretty much looking for a few years at least out of a good rack, before you even think about replacements.
Q: Is there a way to ensure it lasts longer?
A: As we said before, the first thing to do is make sure you buy a quality make and model first of all. Then, you need to think about where you are going to store it. Many models come with a weatherproof cover for a slightly higher cost, and we definitely recommend you consider shelling out a bit more for one of these. Your outdoor firewood rack is going to need year-round protection if it is to last longer.
It is pretty clear that firewood racks serve a significant purpose in daily life, and they can be a convenient addition to any home. If you have a fireplace or a wood burner in your home, you will no doubt understand the appeal of having a firewood rack.
The racks also represent a fantastic, aesthetically pleasing construct that looks great in any back garden. As long as you choose carefully, and pick something that is good quality, you should have no issues when it comes to getting the best outdoor firewood rack for your home.
That is something that is really going to change your experience of fires and make certain your firewood stays as safe and dry as possible. Moreover, trust us, you do not even have to spend big to achieve this.
As long as you shop around, and use our guide to help you, there are plenty of wonderful racks out there that would be perfect for your budget and circumstances.
While you are here, could you do us a favor? We would love to hear from our readers by leaving us a comment to lets us know your thoughts on the post. Moreover, would you mind sharing this article and others with your social media friends and family?