The ranch saddle is not for short burst of riding in competitions. These saddles are what ranchers refer to as “working saddles.” A working saddle design is to provide comfort and security to both the horse, rider, and the mount.
Rancher saddles typically are the heaviest type of Western saddle due to needing to handle several duties such as cutting and roping. If there ever were a saddle that earns its name, the ranch saddle is the true working saddle.
You will find these saddle types have a variety of names such as the” Buckaroo, Cowboy, and All-Around.” Each name indicates the slight difference of one saddle to the next. Each type of saddle has something in common, that is it is heavyweight and durable.
- The 6 Best Trail Saddle For Endurance & Comfort: 2019 Reviews & Guide
- The 5 Best Dressage Saddle & Its Uses & Benefits: Guide & Review 
- The 5 Best Bitless Bridles On The Market: Guide and Review 
- 1 Sturdy and Durable are Most Important
- 2 The 5 Best Ranch Saddles For The Daily Grind:
- 2.1 Silver Royal Wade Ranch Saddle
- 2.2 Colorado Saddlery The Bear Valley Trail Master Saddle
- 2.3 17-Inch HILASON Western Horse Saddle Big King Trail Wade Ranch Roping Cowboy
- 2.4 King Series Round Ranch Saddle
- 2.5 AceRugs 14 15 16 17 18 Antique Oil Western Ranch Work Rodeo Leather Cowhide Horse Saddle TACK Package Premium
- 3 The Following Are Some Of Those Typical Features Most Ranch Saddles Provide:
- 4 FAQs:
- 5 Closure
- 6 How useful was this post?
Sturdy and Durable are Most Important
The ranch saddle is sturdy enough that it holds up perfectly for long hours in the seat and doing the work necessary to herd cattle. The goal is to provide functionality and comfort while performing an assortment of work around the ranch.
The ranch saddle has unique features that are only on that particular saddle model. Before we go into these features, take a look at the best ranch saddles available on the market today. The purpose of this article is to enlighten consumers on the best saddles that are affordable and sturdy.
The 5 Best Ranch Saddles For The Daily Grind:
Silver Royal Wade Ranch Saddle
This first item is the Silver Royal Wade Ranch Saddle that is rugged but dependable. Whether it be for play or work, this saddle does the job. The silver royal saddle company is so confident in the fiberglass rawhide wrapped tree that they provide a five-year warranty.
Thanks to the features mentioned next, this ranch saddle is a leader with a high rating from consumers such as yourself. The following are the features that the Silver Royal Saddle offers that place this saddle in the best-seller category:
- Available in Various Sizes
- Rawhide Wrapped Leather Saddle
- Fiberglass Tree
- Roughout Jockey and Rawhide Strengthened Cantle and Bottom Skirt
- Hand-Carved Sewn Tie Strings and Stirrups
- Brass Plated Conchos Floral Border Basketweave
For more information be sure to check out the product page for features and pictures. Click here to go to a safe and secure platform to place your order today.
Colorado Saddlery The Bear Valley Trail Master Saddle
This Colorado Saddlery The Bear Valley Trail Master Saddle conquers the ability to be tough yet simple. Whether you plan a pleasure ride through the country or making your way around hills and valleys, it does it all.
The features that place this saddle on this list are both standard and unique.
- Made in the USA
- Lightweight 25 lbs. Fully Rigged
- Fiberglass Covered Improved Tree
- 16-Inch Padded Cantle
- Fleece Lined
- Blevins Buckles Stirrups
Aside from these features, be sure to check the product page for additional benefits, view pictures, and place your safe and secure order by clicking here:
17-Inch HILASON Western Horse Saddle Big King Trail Wade Ranch Roping Cowboy
This Ranch Saddle is as gorgeous as it is fundamental. The Hilason Western Horse Saddle is the product of one of the leaders in all things horse related. The pride the maker has of its artistry shows in every saddle created.
Each saddle has its own unique features and performs well above average. Between the top-quality construction and the tried and true performance, it’s a winner. Anyone needing a reliable yet beautiful saddle, this item is for you. Nothing less than complete customer satisfaction is what Hilason products offer consumers.
These features are why Hilason is a leader in saddles:
- Hand Tooled Basket and Floral Design
- Rear and Front Leather Straps
- Matching Leather Horn Wrap and Girth
- 17 Inches of Smooth, Light Brown Leather Seat
- 7 Inch Gullet with Full Quarter Horse Bars
Believing a saddle is this well constructed with an affordable price tag is hard to imagine. Take a look at the additional information on the saddle and order yours today by clicking here:
King Series Round Ranch Saddle
This next ranch saddle is fantastic for riding on trails, open fields or around the farm. The features are what makes this item stand out above the rest. A ranch saddle needs to be sturdy, durable, and performance-ready at all times. This King Series provides each of these with style and grace.
A working saddle is one of the most critical saddles that horse owners need to keep on hand. Other types such as performance saddles, barrel racing saddle, and even arena performance saddles are nowhere close to being what a rancher needs on the ranch.
Check out these features that make this item a one-of-a-kind:
- Classic “A” style, stirrup Leather Over the Fender and Top
- Five Year Rawhide Covered tree Guarantee
- Hand-Tooled Border
- Tough1 Quick change Buckles
- Neoprene in Skirts
- Silver Slotted Conchos with Durable Saddle Strings
Does this saddle sound like what you need? If the answer is “yes,” click here for more details:
AceRugs 14 15 16 17 18 Antique Oil Western Ranch Work Rodeo Leather Cowhide Horse Saddle TACK Package Premium
There is nothing wrong about wanting to stand out from the crowd and the competition in an arena. This AceRug saddle speaks for itself. Not only is the maker a leader in anything saddle related but it also accepts nothing other than high-quality products. The company ensures its products go beyond any other ranch saddle on the market.
Even if you are riding out through nature on trails, you deserve a comfortable fit and ride. With any AceRug product, you get this and so much more. Whether you take a ride on trails or working around the ranch, this saddle gets the job done and nicely.
Check out these features of this AceRug Ranch Saddle:
Be sure to click here to the product page to read more information, view the product, and place your safe and secure order today.
- Well Balanced Fiberglass and Wood Tree
- Numerous Ties For Accessories
- Black and Antique Color
- Black Well-Padded Suede Seat
- Premium 100 Percent Cow Hide Leather
- Adjustable Stirrups
- Shiny Silver Etched Conchos
Finding the perfect Ranch Saddle should not be stressful. By reading guides and reviews such as this takes the stress away. If you like this product and want to get a closer look, click here:
Ranch Saddles all have unique features in common even if the brand and model differ. Because of the purpose of a ranch saddle, they each must have precise features ranchers look for in a saddle.
The Following Are Some Of Those Typical Features Most Ranch Saddles Provide:
- A thick and tall horn wrap that is perfect for dallying
- An ultra-deep set that sits low on the horse to provide communication and comfort
- Hung directly beneath the rider is where the fender should be for working position and correct
- The saddle has low swells to stay out of the riders way
- Double Rigging-Front Cinch and a Flank Cinch
- Higher Cantle
- Generally, plate rigging for evening the pull to the horse with maximum strength
- Various saddle strings for taking your personal items on the ride
- Heavier Weight
The ranch saddle, especially the slick fork-style including a Wade tree, is growing in popularity once again. That regained interest in the buckaroo platform for riding and tack makes an excellent addition to a tack room.
There are wide varieties of ranch saddles that are solid and available manufactures and makers. The style of a ranch saddle is just a hard-core solid all-around go-to piece of equipment.
Q: My saddle no longer fits my horse right. Could it be because the horse is still growing?
A: Yes—that is the downfall of starting horses when they are young for ranch work and riding. Be sure to check the fit not to let the saddle hurt the horse and the riders back. (more)
Q: Is the best ranch saddle the one that cost the most?
A: Not in the least. Many price tags have elevated prices strictly because of the brand. Pay close attention to the products in this guide to see all the great benefits and features each offer.
Ranch work is hard enough work to do without adding the wrong saddle to the mix. Like arena sports, ranch work needs a saddle designed for the work the horse is meant to perform. Many fancy names and overpriced products flood the market with each claiming to be the best.
The actual “best” saddle is the one that fits your unique needs. Choose which is perfect for your needs and size it right, and you cannot go wrong. Riding on trails or herding cattle, the saddle you use will make or break the rider.
So, what do you think of this guide and review? Did you enjoy learning about each product? How about learning the various types of saddles and which does what? If you have some input, we want to hear from you. Leave us a comment in the section below, and we will respond quickly.
While you are here reading, would you please “like and share” our work on your social media? We thank you for your time.
How useful was this post?