You are on this page because you have the interest of bluebirds at heart. You have your home where you live with your family as well as all the birds that have an attraction to your yard. Choosing from any of the best bluebird houses on the market for your pets might look quite tricky with numerous products available. The tricky part is, which ones will the birds enjoy?
However, on this page, we’ll mystify the task by sharing with you some of the best bluebird houses available on the market for the Bluebirds you see as well as the others you will attract.
- Best Evergreen Shrubs for Front of House: 2019 Reviews and Guide
- Best Hutch for 2 Guinea Pigs: 2019 Reviews and Guide
- Best Rabbit Hutches for 2 Rabbits (Large): 2019 Reviews & Guide
- 1 Why Should I Learn How to Attract Bluebirds?
- 2 How to Attract Bluebird to Your Home
- 3 What Should I Feed the Bluebirds?
- 4 How to Build Bluebird Houses?
- 5 Housing the bluebirds on My Homestead
- 6 Top 6 Best Bluebird Houses on The Market:
- 6.1 Woodlink TV208966 Rustic Bluebird House
- 6.2 Fdit Handwoven Straw Bird Nest Cage House Hatching Breeding Cave
- 6.3 Nature’s Way Bird Products CWH3 Cedar Bluebird Box House
- 6.4 Woodlink Wooden Bluebird House
- 6.5 Audubon Coppertop Cedar Wood Bluebird House Model NACOPBB
- 6.6 Nature’s Way Bird Products CWH4 Cedar Bluebird Viewing House
- 7 FAQs:
- 8 How useful was this post?
Why Should I Learn How to Attract Bluebirds?
Just before discussing how to attract bluebirds, it’s essential you know what the Bluebird has to offer to your table. Bluebirds are known to be spirit animals, and they are fond of conveying good messages. There are lots of positive things attached to bluebirds which include happiness, good health, prosperity, joy and many more features.
Apart from the good tidings bluebird brings to your home, they also play a significant role in eliminating cricket and insects that causes bacteria. They get rid of insects that eat up your plants which is a sign of relief to gardeners and the melody from their song lifts one’s spirit. Many people believe Bluebirds keep any strange spirits from your home.
How to Attract Bluebird to Your Home
If you love to have bluebirds in your yard and you don’t know precisely the way to go about that, there are things you can do to make your home the abode for not just Bluebirds, but all birds.
- Get a right house to attract them
- Bluebirds eat mealworms so you can get live ones or you can buy the dried variety from any bird feed store
- Attract the birds with insects and bugs
- Bluebirds eat fruits such as sunflower, berries, and mulberries
- These birds love to stay around water so you can attract them with an artificial stream or fountain
All these are proven ways you can attract bluebirds to your yard
What Should I Feed the Bluebirds?
If you are fortunate enough to have bluebirds around your yard, feeding them should not be difficult to do if you understand what they like. Bluebirds feed on caterpillars, snails, insect larvae, termites, cricket, mosquitoes, berries, grasshoppers, spiders, mealworm and other insects.
All these are natural food you can give to your bluebirds. Moreover, as mentioned above, pet stores carry all types of birdfeed. Feeding bluebirds with the meal they love will keep them in your yard for a very long time which means you need to avoid the feeds that are less desirable for them.
Take note of the fact that they don’t eat ordinary food offered to some birds such as millet, cracked corn and sunflower seed to mention a few.
How to Build Bluebird Houses?
Do you want to do something like a DIY for your bluebirds? Then building houses for them or your neighbor’s yard would be a great solution. Bluebirds are a non-aggressive animal, and they love to reside in a natural nestling box. You must ensure that the wood you intend using is resistant to decay such as redwood and cedar.
It is imperative that you choose the right sizes of the house you want to build for your bluebirds and see to it that it is a comfortable and safe abode for them.
It has to be a place where some aggressive animals can’t get to because due to the nature of bluebirds, once they feel threatened, it will cause them to evacuate the house. 
Step by step method towards building bluebird houses
Starting with the Entrance hole
It is through this medium the birds will get into the house, and it is imperative that you consider the convenience and how easy it is for them to get inside. The ideal diameter bluebirds are said to be one 1½ inch which is 3.8 cm in diameter.
The next on the list is the height of the entrance
Since most of the hatchlings and brooding takes place in the house, it is imperative that there must be some distance between the bases of the house to the hole to ensure the eggs doesn’t tumble out to the ground. So, therefore, the entrance hole should be within the range of 5 to 10 inches which are about 15 to 25 cm above the floor level.
Next on the list is the interior space
Bluebirds are fond of raising about two to nine chicks in each brood. Without a doubt, a house with small interior space will quickly get crowded and to avoid such; you have to ensure that the interior space is spacious for the bird and the chicks. Therefore, the measurement of 5 by 5 inches is quite appealing to accommodate the entire brood.
The last step in the process is the height of the house
There isn’t a specific specification, but it is advisable that a bluebird house height should be within 8 to 12 inches. Take note of some important things such as the rear must be taller than the front and the roof of the house should be slightly slanted to shed water off the top of the house and keep the building dry.
- It is advisable that you leave the interior and exterior part of the house unpainted. Painting the exterior might attract predators, and the interior might affect the hatchling of the eggs.
- Make the house more attractive for bluebirds and always ensure it is clean
- Remove everything that could attract predators and also provide nesting materials closer to the house to create a nest.
Housing the bluebirds on My Homestead
Housing bluebirds on your homestead is a personal decision. It shows you do have a preference for birds aside from the fact that they bring lots of happiness to you and your household. Not everyone is a fan of birds but for those who cherish the presence and melody, housing them on your homestead is such an excellent decision to make.
Top 6 Best Bluebird Houses on The Market:
We understand too well that not everyone has the ability or flair for DIY projects and this is why we choose to share with you some of the best bluebird houses on the market with our focus on quality and value.
The very first bluebird house on our list is called the Woodlink TV208966 Rustic Bluebird House. This birdhouse manufacturer is in China. It is ideal for those on the hunt for a comfortable and safe abode for their bluebirds.
Knowing fully well that bluebirds love to live comfortably with little or no threat to their life, the Woodlink TV208966 Rustic Bluebird House is the best to consider among many options.
It has the shape and design of a typical birdhouse, but it isn’t painted or sprayed with paint so as not to make it attractive to aggressive animals that could threaten the birds. The interior design of the house is done in a way to make brooding and hatchling comfortable.
The Woodlink TV208966 can accommodate no more than 2 to 9 chicks, and the entrance hole meets with the standard specification of 1½ inches which makes it so easy for bluebirds to come in and out of the house without hassles.
Furthermore, the TV208966 design is of wood, and it has a front pivot to ensure that the house is simple to clean. The roof of the house is made up of eight planks, and it is covered with metal to ensure that the wood doesn’t decay quickly due to rain or snow.
On a final note, the TV208966 comes ready with a hole to hang on the wall, tree or any post.
- The bluebird house is cost effective
- The material is of high-quality wood
- The roof is covered with a metal roof to ensure it last longer
- The Rustic bluebird house has no significant setback
Fdit Handwoven Straw Bird Nest Cage House Hatching Breeding Cave
The next on the list isn’t a bluebird house, but it made our list because it comes from natural materials. It is called Fdit Handwoven Straw Bird Nest Cage House Hatching Breeding Cave, and it is not just a home for birds but to other animals such as rat, hamster, parrot and other small birds.
The nest is a beautiful craftwork made from natural straw, and it comes in three different sizes which give buyers the option to choose the size that suits their style. If you are familiar with how the structure of a stray basket is, you will understand the design of the nest entirely.
Mind you; it isn’t specific in use to a particular species which means it is suitable for all kinds of birds and other small animals. It is designed to meet the need of those in the hunt for a house for their pets.
The manufacturer ensures that it has a hook right on top of the nest for comfortable and convenient hanging on wherever you wish to position it. From its design, it isn’t a perfect place for bluebird because the entrance is too wide for other animals to creep inside.
- It is versatile in use as it is ideal for different kind of small animals
- It is cost effective
- It is lightweight and durable which means it can be carried from one place to another without hassles with the use of the hook on top of the nest
- It isn’t an ideal home for bluebirds because its entrance is too broad and exposes the birds to other animals
- The roof design is of straw as well so it can quickly get wet and soaked from rain or snow
Nature’s Way Bird Products CWH3 Cedar Bluebird Box House
The next on our rundown is a premium bluebird house which has a design made from cedar wood. Without a doubt, it is one of the best bluebird houses you will ever find. Just in case you are wondering where to hang the house, the interesting part is that it can hang anywhere you choose to place it.
The Nature’s Way Bird Products CWH3 Cedar Bluebird Box House features lots of amazing things such as the air vents which is designed to ensure that the birds have maximum access to fresh air through the wall and floor openings.
Also, it has elevated mesh floor, and its function is to ensure that the nest is above the house floor as a means to prevent the birds from insect infestation. Furthermore, right inside the house of the bird is a fledgling skerfs and its function is to help young birds climb and come out of the house.
On the overall design of the nest, is from high-quality cedar, and it is rust free and rot resistant, and it is resistant to staining as well. It is immensely easier to clean since the door is more comfortable to open and on the entrance hole which is 1½ inches, there is a predator guide, and its function is to protect the young birds against predators.
- It has a quality design of premium cider which makes it last longer compared to its competitors
- The quality of the house is superior
- It is easier to install on the wall, pole, and anywhere you want to
- The metal door handle get rust easily
Why this isn’t a problem:
- The metal handle is to keep the door secured in place, and its exposure to water means it will get rust easily. That isn’t much of a setback to it, but still, you can prevent this by ensuring the house is in a place where there is no exposure to water.
The next bluebird house on the list is the Woodlink Wooden Bluebird House, and it has material from the USA. It is specially made for bluebirds to keep them safe, warm and comfortable.
The material is of reforested kiln dried inland red cedar. From its appearance and design, it is obvious the house is ornithologically structured to be alluring to bluebirds.
On the design of the house, it has a 1½ inches hole which is the standard specification for eastern bluebirds. The manufacturer has the safety and health of the birds at heart by creating ½ inches air ventilation gap at the top of the door while it also has a hole at the base.
The whole part of the bluebird house assembly is with the use of rust-resistant zinc chromate screws and the reason being that it can withstand temperature changes which some typical nails or staples can’t endure.
Furthermore, the bluebird house comes fully assembled, and it has a simple open front panel. You can slide the front door to reveal the interior of the house and that allows you to clean without disturbing the birds easily.
- It is made of quality material to ensure its longevity
- The blue bluebird house is straightforward to install with the availability of the two screws included in the package
- It comes fully assembled, so you have no worries about assembling it
- The bluebird house has no predator guide
- It has no genuine copper roof
Why this isn’t a problem:
- As regarding the absence of the predator guide, the hole is small enough to keep the bluebirds safe. Moreover, you can as well place it in a safer place where you are quite sure predators won’t get close to the birds. You have no worries about the absence of the copper roof since the material is resistant to water.
Audubon Coppertop Cedar Wood Bluebird House Model NACOPBB
The second to the last on the list of the best bluebird houses is the Audubon Coppertop Cedar Wood Bluebird House; it is an excellent handcrafted piece that is designed to keep your bluebirds safe and comfortable.
The roof of the bluebird house has a coppertop roof, and the aim is to prolong the lifespan of the roof and also help to shed water to protect the body of the house.
The house is ideal for bluebirds, and it has 1-9/16 inches hole fitted along with predator guide to ensure that the house is safe for both the birds and chicks.
It is immensely easier to clean for anyone, and the exciting part of it is that the National Audubon Society approves it. The quality of the house makes it quite irresistible for those in the hunt for a new house for their bluebirds.
Furthermore, the whole part of the house is held together with quality screws, and the quality of the wood ensures that it lasts longer than its counterparts in the market.
- It is portable and lightweight as well
- It can be attached to any place
- It has good lifespan due to the material and the copper top on the roof
- The only concern is if the copper gets hot and make the abode unbearable for birds
Why it isn’t a problem:
- Copper doesn’t transfer heat and besides it was just an overlay over the cedar wood, so you have no worries as the birds are safe.
Nature’s Way Bird Products CWH4 Cedar Bluebird Viewing House
The last on the list is no other one but the Nature’s Way Bird Products CWH4 Cedar Bluebird Viewing House which has material from premium cedar, and it has lovely features such as resistance to rot and insects.
The material of the house is rust free, and with the stylish design, you can place it on anything. It has a front door that one can quickly open to clean the interior part of the house and right in front of the door, and it has predator guide to keep the young birds safe from predators.
The design of the house attracts bluebirds naturally, and the air vent makes the abode more comfortable for birds to live because it permits the movement of air through the wall and floor opening.
- It has fledgling skerfs for young birds to come out quickly
- It has elevated mesh floor to ensure the birds are safe from insect infestation
- It is lightweight and durable
- It comes with no stand and has no hole in it to hang on a wall
Why this isn’t a problem:
- It isn’t much of a setback to the bluebird house since you can easily punch a hole into it through a drill machine or nail and attach where you want it to be
Q: How often should bluebird house be inspected?
A: It is advisable that the inspections should take place on a weekly basis. You must be very observant to ensure your check is not while during the period of laying of eggs as you might end up frightening the female.
Q: What are the predators to look out for with birds?
A: Bluebird predators include cat, rat, and snakes as they can climb where you have the house and have access to the nest. To reduce the threat of predators, you have to ensure you position the house very well and always check the house at least twice in a week. 
Q: How important are the elevated mesh floor and air vents?
A: both play an essential role to the overall health of the birds as the elevated mesh helps to keep them safe from insect invasion, and the air vents help to keep the environment comfortable to live for the birds.
You don’t need to look further in your search for the bluebird houses reviews as this post entails all that you need to know. Bluebirds are a magnificent animal that every homeowner should crave to have in their yard.
These birds offer good tidings and other things such as preventing insect infestation in your yard and the sweet melody which lifts one’s spirit from their song.
Here you get to find out how to attract bluebird to your yard and keep them. Please do us a favor and share our reviews on your social media. While you are here, leave us a comment and let our writers know how they are doing. We appreciate our readers and look forward to hearing from you.
Also, you can visit Atbuz.com for more free GMO food for the chickens, birds and more pets!
How useful was this post?
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.