Making your backyard healthier and more beautiful will require a lot of hard work and money. We all want to upgrade our yards but thinking about the budget sometimes turns people off. Fortunately, there are so many ways to enhance your backyard without going broke. Here are 13 backyard makeover ideas you can use to reinvigorate your backyard.
- 1 Backyard Makeover Ideas:
- 1.1 1. Reuse Old Tires
- 1.2 2. Add Some Bright Colors
- 1.3 3. Manage Your Trees
- 1.4 5. Make Garden Borders
- 1.5 6. Build a Well-designed Doghouse
- 1.6 7. Go for Helpful Plants
- 1.7 8. Build a Tree Swing
- 1.8 9. Make an Outdoor Firepit
- 1.9 10. Choose Budget-friendly Lighting
- 1.10 11. Decorate Tree Stumps
- 1.11 12. Make Your Own Stepping Stones
- 1.12 13. Buy Affordable Seating
- 1.13 14. Use Pallets in Your Backyard.
- 1.14 15. Add a Birdhouse
- 2 What are your Backyard Makeover Ideas?
Backyard Makeover Ideas:
1. Reuse Old Tires
Old tires consume a lot of space and it’s kind of hard to get rid of them. You can make them useful again by turning them into planters. Paint them with beautiful colors, fill with some soil, and hang on walls. What’s more, they’re excellent for decoration!
2. Add Some Bright Colors
Adding beautiful colors will surely add life to your backyard. One great example is already mentioned, painting your old tires. Another way to add colors is to use leftover paint in painting wood and old furniture to give them a fresh look.
3. Manage Your Trees
Trees are both beautiful and functional elements for your backyard. They provide many benefits, like aesthetics, shades, and cleaner air. However, if you have too many of them, they might pose a risk for accidents. To cut them, it’s good to use a mini wood chipper, which will make the task easier and faster.
4. Use Mulch Substitutes
Mulch is a great investment as it decreases the required weeding and amount of water for your garden. However, mulch can still be expensive. The good news is, there are other substitutes you can use. Some affordable alternatives for mulch include leaves, compost, grass clippings, pine needles, and stone.
5. Make Garden Borders
Putting garden borders will provide a separation between your lawn and flower beds. They add more appeal that won’t cost you too much. You can choose whichever material you like for your borders – bricks, rocks, pebbles, or wood.
6. Build a Well-designed Doghouse
If you have a dog, then it would wonderful if you build a cute doghouse. Having a doghouse is a great space for your pet to rest and relax after spending hours outdoors. Moreover, it adds more beauty to your backyard.
- MEDIUM DOG HOUSE: Cabin dog house's sealed protective coating, raised floor, & slanted asphalt roof provide protection from the elements & keep the cabin comfortable & dry. Assembles in 3 steps. Features an offset door so pets can get away from wind & rain.
- Dimensions: 45.5" x 26.5" x 27.5"
- Durable: With solid wood & stainless-steel hardware, the outdoor dog shelter is strong & sturdy for long-lasting protection. The outdoor dog house accommodates small to medium dog breeds.
- KENNELS & HOUSES: Crate & kennel training is vital for dog safety & comfort. We provide traditional travel carriers, wire training & exercise kennels, play pens, barn-style dog houses & more.
- PRECISION PET: Precision Pet offers a variety of heavy-duty products such as wire crates, chicken coops & rabbit hutches that provide pets with a cozy & safe place to rest, nest & feed. Also features litter box accessories & more.
7. Go for Helpful Plants
You can significantly cut your expenses by planting your own herbs and vegetables. Plus, they make your backyard more beautiful. Great examples are thymes, basils, parsley, cilantro, beets, turnips, lettuces, kale, tomatoes, and so much more.
8. Build a Tree Swing
Every backyard makeover needs a tree swing! They are like a trademark which makes the yard complete. A simple tree swing will make an excellent addition to your backyard that will encourage children to play outdoors. To make it more attractive, you can attach artificial flowers on the ropes.
9. Make an Outdoor Firepit
Firepits are pretty expensive but that doesn’t mean you can’t have one! You can still enjoy the chilly night outdoors with your DIY outdoor firepit. There are many tips, ideas, and instructions you can follow online that will not hurt your budget.
- Perfect addition of functionality and style for your backyard patio fire pits. This stunning rectangular fire Table creates a truly unique fire feature that perfectly compliments any outdoor space that will draw the attention of your family and guests
- Product dimensions – 44” L x 32” W x 24” H | Max heat – 50,000 BTU/HR | Tank (not included) size – Standard 20 lb | Clearance – (Top) 80” / (Sides) 36” | Install on (or over) non-combustible floors only, in a well ventilated space and not in any enclosed area
- The push button spark ignition system provides simple and convenient control when lighting | Chrome manual control valve allows 100% smoke free variable flame height
- Includes pre-attached 3-ft hose with regulator, 8 mm black tempered glass tabletop and 15.5 lb. Arctic ice decorative glass rock set | Sit back and admire the reflection of the dancing flames while keeping warm and cozy
- The coffee colored UV HDPE (Ultraviolet Light High Density Polyethylene) wicker is a reliable all weather resistant material that will last | Meanwhile our powder-coated aluminum frame construction offers a strong and sturdy base
10. Choose Budget-friendly Lighting
Providing excellent lighting will make your backyard more appealing at night. The great thing about lights is there are many affordable ones. One perfect example is LED lighting. LED lights are both economical and energy-efficient.
11. Decorate Tree Stumps
If you have some tree stumps on your backyard, you can make use of them by changing them into stools and tables. One-up your backyard makeover ideas by painting these tree stumps in vibrant colors to make a real statement.
12. Make Your Own Stepping Stones
Stepping stones are another essential component you can add to your backyard. They are simple, budget-friendly, and act as protection for your lawn. They serve as a guide for everyone on your home to step only on them and not the lawn, which will keep it healthy and vibrant.
13. Buy Affordable Seating
If you think you already need to replace your outdoor furniture, you can either reuse house items to build or directly purchase new ones. If you prefer the latter, perform thorough research first to make sure you get the best one that fits your budget.
- COMFORTABLE CUSHION - This outdoor patio dining set comes with durable beige fabric, can last for longer time. Thicker resilience sponge adds extra comfort for each moment.
- HANDWORK MATERIAL - Made of strong galvanized steel frame and all-weather hand woven PE rattan,give you a weather resistant set that will last your for years to come
- EXQUISITE DESIGN - Combine the functionality of wood and iron with the comfort of wicker has a refined classic style,easier to match any preexisting decor
- VERSATILE - This sectional set are light enough to move around and easy to placed in an endless number of configurations.
- PACKAGE INCLUDE - 2 x Single armrest loveseat, 1 x Corner loveseat, 1 x Table, 3 x Ottoman，13 x Cushions,shipped in 3 boxes (Brown wicker with Red cushions, assembly required)
14. Use Pallets in Your Backyard.
Aside from old tires, you can also use pallets for your planters. You can hang them on a dull space on your wall and make them as your focal point. Aside from that, you can also turn pallets into your outdoor furniture. Don’t forget to apply a protective coating for different weather conditions. If you want. You can paint them with your preferred color although you can leave them as is as they already look attractive.
15. Add a Birdhouse
Adding a birdhouse will invite birds to visit your backyard. They are joyful animals who will give life to your yard. Add a feeder as well so they’ll keep coming back. Bluebirds are an especially spiritual animal, bringing good vibes to your backyard.
What are your Backyard Makeover Ideas?
Making your backyard beautiful should not be costly. With all these low-cost and DIY ideas, they all boil down to one thing – we must learn how to recycle and reuse things as much as possible. We should also learn how to do things by ourselves so we don’t need to keep buying them. Hopefully, the ideas above will help in making your backyard stand out in your area!
What are some of your backyard makeover ideas? What makes you most proud of them? Share them in the comments.