Last Updated on July 16, 2022 by Georgie Smith
Indoor grow rooms require extreme care and attention day and night. From ensuring there is enough air circulation, proper installation of reflectors to having the best grow lights, it is essential to steer clear of mistakes if you want to realize maximum fodder or flower yield.
However, tending cannabis in a grow room can be painstakingly difficult, especially if you fail to install a good LED lighting system. Even worse, your plants may end producing low-quality returns that do not fetch the right prices in the market.
In this review, therefore, learn everything about Viparspectra, a top manufacturer of grow lights. We focus on the company’s products namely, 165W, 450W, 600W, and 1200W.
- The Most Powerful LED Grow Light on The Market: 2022 Reviews & Guide
- Best LED Light for 4×4 Grow Tent: Top LED Light Solution For 2022
- AeroGarden Ultra LED Review To Determine Its Value
What are the Benefits of Using Viparspectra LED Grow Lights?
It hasn’t been long since LED grow lights became a darling among cannabis growers, but today, there are the most preferred in the midst of other equally valuable brands. You may want to conclude it is because of their low pricing, but, that is only a tip of the iceberg. Now, with emphasis on Viparspectra, here are some of the most talked about and outstanding benefits:
Full Lighting spectrum
Indoor growing using LED lighting systems brings about great yield when you choose the best installation for your room. But, with many variants in the market, sometimes settling on the best can be a difficult challenge, especially for beginners. Therefore, the first question most people ask is this: do Viparspectra LEDs provide efficient lighting?
Well, one of the main benefits of these products is their ability to emit full spectrum realizable with any of their models. It means once you start using 145W or 600W, you don’t have to switch to another during the entire growing period. Whether it is 440nm or 730nm, you get the desired wavelength with a single installation.
Great warranty terms
Growers deserve the best-LED bulbs, and so, one of their top consideration is whether a company provides the best purchase terms. With Viparspectra, customers always come first. There is 100% satisfaction with any installation of your choice, and it is all thanks to different warranty and purchase policies.
From a 30-day repair and exchange, 3-year warranty to a 30-day money back policy, you get the best with any of the company’s range of products.
A variety of models and series
Another benefit that comes with is that buyers can choose a model they desire, not to mention dimmable and reflector bulbs. We shall explore this in a short while.
Unmatched customer service
Another reason for choosing Viparspectra is because of the company’s unparalleled customer service at any time of the day or night. Come to think about it. There is always a possibility that a grow light may develop technical problems, but, it is not something about which to worry.
Viparspectra puts its clients before everything else. Whether you are experienced or less experienced, the company’s customer service will teach you how to its products. If you asked anyone who has been using these products, he or she would tell you that the company’s customer care desk comprises some of the most knowledgeable people on matters of grow lights.
Outstanding lighting characteristics
It is also imperative to note that your choice of grow lights should depend on the features of any given model. With more than a dozen style, Viparspectra LED lights bring to the fore unmatched performance excellence. Your grow tent will never be the same again.
In spite of cutting-edge technology behind their manufacturing, the LED presents simplicity to the buyer. They include full lighting spectrum, multiple vegetative bloom switches, aluminum cooling heat sinks, and standard-sized 4.72 inches fans. 
Viparspectra 165w Review:
Let’s start by looking at the 165W series, and so, the question is, what did we find out?
VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Series LED Aquarium Light Dimmable Full Spectrum for Coral Reef Grow Fish Tank
If you would like to start growing coral reefs, then you’ve got to make important decisions such as choosing the best grow light. Now, after doing some homework, Viparspectra 165W dimmable series did not only impress us but also beat many other options in the market. The question is, why?
Well, it packs impressive features such as the following:
- Viparspectra 165 has an internal timer that lets you turn on and off grow light and the fact it is dimmable presents growers with convenience when it comes to balancing between coverage and PAR output.
- It is a full spectrum product, and being one of the most successful LED lighting products in the market, you have every reason to give it a try.
- It comes with a 1-year product warranty plus a 30-day refund guarantee.
- Viparspectra 165W is ideal for growing photosynthetic corals.
- It also features a heat dissipation system that is advanced enough to allow for perfect aquarium lighting.
- With it, you can adjust brightness in the range of 0-100 percent.
- It features high-grade aluminum sinks, and quiet operation fans.
- Product dimensions: 16 x 8.5 x 2.4 inches.
- It weighs 6.8 pounds.
- Single light area coverage: 24 x24 inches.
- Maximum Power Draw: 110W.
- Lighting lens angle: 90 degrees.
- Lighting frequency: 50 to 60 Hz.
- With Viparspectra 165W LED, growers enjoy up to 100, 000 hours of use.
- Its power input AC: 100 to 240 volts.
What do you find in the package?
When you put money on Viparspectra 165W, it comes with a 165w timer, hanging kits, 6-feet US power cord, wireless remote and a user manual in the shipping package.
Viparspectra 450w Review:
If you choose to buy Viparspectra 450W, it is also essential to have strong reasons for doing so. Thus, we also set out to find out why it is among the most popular products in the market.
VIPARSPECTRA Certified Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Vegetable and Flow, with Daisy Chain function
While having a remote controlled LED grow light like 165W timer series is a good thing, growers who always busy can go for a reflector variant such as 450W for hands-off operation. Morninghomestead found out the following about the latter:
- It has advanced aluminum heat sinks and quiet fans that operate at high speed.
- It helps to keep a healthy balance between coverage and PAR, thanks to advanced manufacturing technology.
- Viparspectra 450W presents full spectrum lighting for vegetables and flowers.
- It is energy efficient-200W consumption, and better than most traditional 400W HPS.
- Buyers enjoy manufacturer product warranty of 3-years, not to mention 30-day money back guarantee should you find faults in your purchase.
- Product Dimensions: 15.8 X 8.4 X 2.4 inches.
- Viparspectra 450w Weighs 6.4 pounds.
- For your indoor vegetable garden, a single light covers up to 24 inches high with a measurement of 2.5 x 2.5 feet.
- Flower garden coverage with a single LED is also quite impressive at 18 inches high, 2×2 feet.
- Its power consumption rating: 1.18 Amperes at 110v or 0.90 amperes at 220 Volts.
- AC input of 450W: 100 to 240 volts producing a lighting frequency of between 50 to 60 Hertz.
- Viparspectra 450W presents growers with a long lifespan of up to 100, 000 hours when in use.
Viparspectra 600w Review:
Another LED grow light from Viparspectra which we wanted to bring to your attention is 600W.
VIPARSPECTRA UL certified Reflector Series, V600 600W LED Grow Light for indoor plants, full spectrum with Daisy Chain functionality
Grow lights fitted with Daisy chains have become a hit lately, which is why Viparspectra 600W cuts above most brands in the market. Moreover, we were also impressed by the fact that you can use it to grow plants such as flowers and vegetables, among other features such as the following:
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 12.8 x 8.3 inches.
- It weighs 11.6 pounds.
- Viparspectra 600W is an excellent alternative to traditional 600W MH/HPS.
- With it, you can light up a vegetative grow area measuring 32 inches high, and 3 x 3 feet.
- For flower growers, a single LED is ideal for an area of 22 inches high, and ground measurement of 2.5 x 2.5 feet.
- It operates on an actual draw power of 260W which can increase or decrease by 3 percent at an input of 120 volts.
- It runs on an AC input of 100 t0 120 volts to product 50-60 Hz lighting frequency.
- Just like most Viparspectra range of LED lights, 600W presents users with up to 100, 000 operating hours.
- It would also interest you to note that it is a product that meets UL certification standards.
- It is engineered to produce a perfect balance between PAR output and coverage.
- Growers who install Viparspectra 600W also get to enjoy optimal natural lighting spectrum, hence lush green throughout a growing cycle.
- It features high end and high-speed fans that help dissipate heat into aluminum heat sinks.
If it fits the bill of a LED, you would light to buy, also take note that customers enjoy up to 3 years manufacturer product warranty. Also, it comes with a 30-day testing grace period, during which you can claim refunds. Moreover, being a reflector LED variant, it increases PAR output by up to 50 percent.
Viparspectra 1200w Review:
The last LED lighting bulbs for grow room we wanted to bring to your attention in this review is 1200W. The question is this: why does it fit the bill as one of the best in the market? Well, we set out to find out the truth and found out some interest facts about it.
VIPARSPECTRA UL certified Reflector Series, R900, 1200W Full Spectrum Grow Light for indoor vegetable and flower garden
Without the best reflector LED lights, it would be difficult maintaining a lush green and healthy flower and vegetable garden in your grow tent. Your search ends here, though. It is because apart from being a full light spectrum addition to your efforts, 1200W also presents terrific features and functionalities such as the following:
- It is a cutting-edge LED that intelligently balances coverage and PAR output.
- Given its 1200W that presents growers with full spectrum lighting, you rest assured of vegetables with natural taste and fresh flowers through a growing cycle.
- When you put money on this product, enjoy up to 3 years warranty. In case of any faults, a 30-day Viparspectra return policy makes it possible to claim a refund.
- It is an excellent alternative to traditional 1000W HPS/MH variants since it consumes only 405 watts, hence energy-efficient.
- It is also ideal for up to 4 x4 inches vegetable grow area coverage and 3 x 3 inches flower tents with a height measuring 24 inches.
- Viparspectra 1200W features a quiet and high-speed fan that helps dissipate excess heat into aluminum sinks.
- Its operating lifespan: up to 100, 000 hours.
- AC input: 100-240 volts which produce a lighting frequency of between 50 and 60 hertz.
- It is a UL certified product, hence gives you value for money.
Factors to consider when buying LED lights
Whether you are a seasoned grower or beginner, there is a whole range of things to consider when putting money on LED grow lights. You do not want to end up with something that does not return value for money; hence a careful approach to placing an order on Amazon should border on many things such as the following:
Yield refers to produce that a farmer forecasts or expects, and usually, it depends on the quantity light plants receive throughout a growing cycle. On this premise, it is essential to shop for something that is proven to boost yield.
Light energy is a vital necessity for plants. They use it to manufacture food that keeps them strong and healthy. It is also noteworthy that vegetables and plants need a different type of light wavelength/spectrum at different times of the day and night. Now, with this at the back of your mind, it is, therefore, important to put money on ideal LED light colors.
A considerable spectrum equals maximum yields. Take, for example, blue light. Plants need it at the vegetative and flowing stages, without which they would not grow to expectations.
Pricing is another vital consideration growers must make before making a purchase. Do you need cheap or expensive LEDs? Well, affordable is a rule of thumb, but, it is imperative to make sure that a product on which you put money does not compromise on quality. 
Advantages of using LED grow lights
The use of LED grow lights in tents or room to tender plants such as vegetables and flowers did not start yesterday. It is an ongoing practice that began more than a decade ago. Today, most households practice it, and their main aim is to have a constant supply of veggies and flowers. But, if you ask, why do they prefer it to natural sunlight?
Well, we sampled the following reasons:
- It is easy to install LED grow bulbs. As soon as you acquire yours, it is ready for use provided you have a grow room.
- Every plant deserves an equal share of light energy, but, it may not always be possible in a natural settling when the canopy of taller ones block light from reaching the ground. LED lighting system helps you overcome this challenge. With grow room reflectors to maximize light penetration; plants can absorb sufficient wavelengths for photosynthesis, hence normal growth.
- It is also noteworthy that LED lights maximize yields. Apart from always keeping on toes in tending to your plants in a grow tent, making sure there is enough supply of light throughout a cycle is in itself an assurance of a happy ending.
- As opposed to traditional bulbs, LED lights are environmentally friendly and energy-efficient.
Viparspectra vs. Meizhi vs. Bestva vs. Mars vs. Roleadro:
|Suitable for small grow tents||It is ideal for indoor grow tents||It is the best for large hydroponic tents.||Suitable for indoor growing||Ideal for indoor growing|
|It works perfectly with flowers and veggies||Good for indoor growing||It is ideal for as vegetables||Good for indoor plants.||Suitable for indoor growing|
|Fitted with aluminum heat sinks and 4.72-inch fans.||Equipped with heat sinks, fans, and vents.||Features aluminum heat sink and powerful bulbs for heat dissipation.||Mars LED feature heat sinks and dissipation fans||The roleadro range of grow LEDs come fitted with heat dissipation fans and sinks.|
|Each LED chip is rated 5 watts.||5-watt LED bulb chip.||Each of its LED bulbs is rated ten watts.||Average wattage is 5 watts per Epistar LED.||5-watts per each LED piece.|
|Most come with a three year product warranty.||Most come with a one year warranty.||Most purchases come with a three-year product warranty.||LEDs from Mars come with a three-year warranty.||Average product warranty is two years.|
|Usage lifespan of 100, 000 hours||Average usage lifespan is 75, 000 hours.||Average lifespan is 100, 000 hours.||The average lifespan of Mars Agro LEDs is 50, 000 hours.||Lifespan varies between 50,000 and 75, 000 hours.|
What are the different Viparspectra product lines?
Being able to choose from wide-ranging Viparspectra product lines for your grow tent is a good thing. In this section, we help you explore the following:
- Reflector series.
- Dimmable series.
- Timer/remote control units
Viparspectra Reflector series have a lighting wattage varying from 300W to 1200W, and you will discover that they are the most popular in the market. You may want to ask, why is that the case? Well, they direct light using in-built reflects to plant canopy for deeper penetration of different spectrums. With reflector series, it is also noteworthy that growers do not need to keep checking on the installation to ensure plants get enough light for photosynthesis.
Dimmable Viparspectra series are PAR450W or PAR600W and are standardized LED lighting products in the market. Moreover, you can dim light as desirable by switching from red, white to blue. With this functionality, it means that grows have control of different spectrums. However, dimmable series are not ideal for beginners as they required a lot of attention and specialized knowledge.
Moreover, growers can settle for time and remote control Viparspectra LED series. They are the most convenient to use, but, you will have to spend a few more bucks acquiring them as opposed to the above variants.
In this section, Morninghomestead walks you some of the most frequent questions buyers ask about LED lights so keep your heads up for reliable and dependable answers.
Q: Why are Viparspectra preferable to other brands in the market?
A: Growers often ask this question, but without a reliable answer, making the right decision can be difficult. LED lights are not only suitable for beginners but also make amends with small tends. They ensure maximum light penetration.
Q: What is the best right LED size for my grow room?
A: As challenging as it may seem, coming up with a good LED sizing for your tent should be a cause for alarm. For cannabis growers, having the right amount of light during flowing means you must make the best estimation for coverage. However, given that the least amount of wattage should be 32 for a square-meter space, we advise a standard of 50 watts or up to 80. Of course, it should increase with bigger rooms.
Q: Are there best alternatives to Viparspectra LEDs?
A: Of course, there are, but it is essential to seek the advice of an expert to be sure you are making the right decision. Based on our review, Viparspectra 600w Reflector series is our top recommendation. Others like GoGrow V3 Master Grower 630W, G8LED 1200w Mega, LED, King Plus 3000W Double Chips, Apollo Horticulture GL80X5LED 400W, and MARS HYDRO Reflector 720W are some of the most powerful LEDs in the market today.
Q: Which is the best lighting color for grow room?
A: Blue lights are the best, especially those which a color temperature of 5000K to 6000K. Alternatively, growers of vegetables can go for blue wavelength in the range of 400-500 nanometers.
Q: What is the difference between red, purple, violet and green LEDs?
A: Well, green lights are the least effective of all the above because of chlorophyll pigmentation. And, while violet and purple LEDs have short wavelengths hence not very energy efficient, red variants produce less health but boast of longer wavelengths.
Q: What is the lifespan of LED grow lights?
A: We understand that you want to maximize the use of these installations, which is why, according to our reviews, most last up to 100,000 hours. Averagely, they can last up to 50, 00 hours, and when you convert these into years, replacement of installation can take place after 10 or 15 years.
In the end, Morninghomestead always wants to help indoor growers make the right decisions when shopping for grow lights. Thus, you may want to ask this question: Are Viparspectra range of LED worth the money? Well, based on our comprehensive review, they are not only ideal for small hydroponics farmers and beginners but are also simple to master.
Moreover, if you are starting a new project, our review of Viparspectra 165W, 450W, 600W, and 1200W, we hope, should help you find a way around with your craft. Please feel free to share this post with friends across different social media platforms, and don’t forget to leave us your suggestion, opinion or questions in the comment section below.