Cordless leaf blowers are different from other types of leaf blowing machines in various ways. When in the market shopping for the best leaf blower, an electric model will be a good choice if the area you are planning to clear is small and you want to complete the job using a lightweight machine. This guide will help you buy the best cordless leaf blower for the money in 2019.
Large areas that you wish to clear usually have ample amounts of debris often including damp leaves. If this is the case, you may need the gas blower instead of the two lesser powered options. However, if you are simply doing yard work, a cordless model should offer you plenty bang for your buck.
- What Is The Best Gas Leaf Blower For The Money in 2019?
- Husqvarna 130BT vs 150BT vs 350BT vs 360BT vs 570BTS: What Works?
- Best Lawn Sweepers: Push, Tow-behind, and Largest Lawn Sweeper (2019 Reviews)
While there are several options such as cordless, gas, and electric, be sure you know how much horsepower you need before you begin shopping.
- 1 What Factors to Consider
- 2 Top 5 Best Cordless Leaf Blowers for the Money:
- 3 Top 3 Best Cordless Tool Battery Packs:
- 4 Battery vs. Corded Leaf Blower vs. Gas Leaf Blower
- 5 Gas vs. Electric: What works?
- 6 Why are Leaf Blowers so Loud?
- 7 How to Make a Leaf Blower Quiet
- 8 Top Tips for Using your Leaf Blower
- 9 Care and Maintenance
- 10 FAQs:
- 11 Leaf blower repair shop near me
- 12 The Bottom Line
What Factors to Consider
A cordless leaf-blowing machine is a hybrid between gas-powered and electric-powered blowers. They are battery operated, and you will, therefore, enjoy their mobility. Even more, they are environmentally friendly and quieter than the other models – they are similar to the corded electric blowers in that respect.
Here are the factors to consider when shopping for a cordless leaf blower:
The battery type
The type of battery might be the most critical factor to consider during your shopping for a cordless device. The cell determines the length of time your machine will run after a single charging process and will affect the total power. Look for a unit that displays a lithium-ion battery and avoids those with nickel-cadmium power source.
Apart from being light, lithium-ion batteries last longer, and they will not allow the power to fade when blowing leaves in your yard. With the type of cell, you will always get a consistent amount of energy. A better idea is to go for the models that feature the most recent in battery technology.
Whether the manufacturer includes both the charger and battery
You have to ensure that the manufacturer has included both the charger and battery in the product package you are about to buy. That is because with some models you will have to buy the two separately, and you possibly know what that means when it comes to the cost.
When purchasing them separately, you will pay more than you would have initially thought. Some manufacturers also make their batteries interchangeable, and you can, therefore, save some money if you already have the right battery.
Remember that most batteries do not run for over 20 minutes when powering a blower. Some may last for less than 10 minutes. In other words, you have to decide on whether you need over two or more batteries to complete leaf or debris blowing in your compound.
You have to ensure that the unit you are about to purchase has the adequate blowing power that will help you complete all chores properly. Some of the available models are inexpensive and light but are weak when it comes to cleaning debris. Look for a machine that provides airspeed exceeding 120 miles per hour, when possible.
Some models on the market provide vacuum option, which means that you can reverse the airflow to start sucking debris into a collection bag. Unluckily, most of the models displaying the feature are not the best. You can still go for the feature if you need it.
Ease of handling
Look for a unit that will be easier to hold when clearing debris. The primary benefit of cordless leaf blowers is the portability you enjoy. Therefore, most of them are lightweight. Keep in mind that some models are better balanced and lighter than others are. You have to go for the best. 
Top 5 Best Cordless Leaf Blowers for the Money:
|Greenworks 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower||- 150 MPH air speed|
- Noise: 64 dB - 78 dB
- Weighs 89 pounds
Black & Decker LSW36 40V Lithium-Ion Cordless Sweeper
|- Max airspeed: 120 MPH|
- 4.7 pounds
- Noise: < 66 dB
Greenworks 40V 185 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower Vacuum
|- 40V G-MAX lithium-ion battery|
- Lightweight design
- 4 years limited warranty
|Black & Decker LSW221 20V MAX Lithium Cordless Sweeper||- Max airspeed: 130 MPH|
- 3.7 pounds
- 20V Max Lithium Ion5Ah battery
Greenworks 40v Blower Review (24252):
With the extension tube and the variable adjustable speed, the Greenworks 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower will complete any light job correctly. The product comes with a 2.0 AH battery 89+t+hat lasts for around 30 minutes during cleanups. It is suitable for light tasks and can clear debris and leaves from hard flat surfaces such as sidewalks and driveways.
If you are looking for a blower to clear pine needles from your roof and gutters, it is the right machine to use. Moreover, you can use it on places like bathroom vents, dryer and around the smoke detectors. It features an electric motor, which makes its startup easier. With the electric motor, you should expect vibrations to be less.
The key features of this product
- The leave blower produces 150 MPH air speed
- Its maximum air flow stands at 130 CFM
- The noise rate is 64 dB on the lower side and 78 dB on the higher side
- The battery life stands at 30 minutes on low setting
- It weighs 89 pounds
- The product is light
- You will have an easier time moving it around your compound
- It is suitable for places where noise is a big issue such as nursing homes, resorts, and hospitals
- At times, the battery lasts for less than 30 minutes on the low setting
- It is not suitable for yards full of leaves or those with wet leaves
Black and Decker 40v Blower Review (LSW36)
The manufacturer does not recommend the use of this product for cleanup of fall leaves or clearing wet leaves from the grassy areas. It is therefore suitable for removing debris on hard and smooth surfaces such as garages, decks, and driveways.
Apart from producing lower noise level, the product offers adequate power to blow sand, grass clippings, cobwebs, dirt, dry leaves, dog hair and similar items.
The key features of this product
- Its maximum airspeed stands at 120 MPH
- It weighs 4.7 pounds
- Its battery charge time stands at 90 minutes or less
- The noise rating level is below 66 dB
- It features a soft grip handle
- It comes with a 40V MAX Lithium-Ion Battery
- It is a compact product
- It is lightweight, and you can, therefore, move without problems
- It has variable power settings to ensure that you complete your tasks efficiently
- It produces excessive vibrations during use
- It is suitable for the light jobs
Greenworks 24322 40v Blower Review
Blowers vary in similarity and you, therefore, have to select one that will excel in your situation. The Greenworks 40V 185 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower is suitable for people of all sizes to operate. It comes with an eco-friendly lithium-ion battery-meaning it does not produce emissions and saves you from mixing gas and oil. It does not leave any carbon behind.
The product features an energy star rating that means that it minimizes energy usage by around 35 percent over the other typical yard tools. You have to remember that cordless blowers have insufficient CFM (push power) and may, therefore, fail to push damp or wet leaves from soft surfaces. The product is, therefore, suitable for hard surfaces.
It comes with an interchangeable 40V lithium battery that you can use on other products from Greenworks. It offers three times longer running time and charges entirely in roughly 90 minutes. You can also expect 2,000 charges before the battery replacement is necessary.
The key features
- Supercharged 40V G-MAX lithium-ion battery
- Variable wind speed with 150 MPH as the maximum speed
- Lightweight design
- Four years limited warranty
- Works perfectly when blowing out gutters
- Does not produce smelly gasses that can affect your blowing
- Has an ergonomic and lightweight handle
- Suitable for blowing smaller yards
- Requires you to recharge several times when blowing
- Might need more power to blow
Black and Decker 20v Lithium Blower Review (LSW20)
Black & Decker is a widely known hardware brand and has produced many solid products within the time it has been in business. The Black and Decker LSW20 is not only cordless but also comes with a 20V battery that lasts for many years and a more comfortable to grip handle. It also comes with the quality associated with Black and Decker products.
Customers who have tried the product have liked its quietness. You can use it including when your neighbor is asleep. Others have enjoyed the fact that it is lightweight. To enjoy its benefits, you also need to try it today.
The key features
- Features a 20V lithium-ion battery
- It does not make swift the wrist when handling
- Has a built-in scraper to help loosen up wet leaves from the surface
- Weighs 3.7 pounds
- The manufacturer has backed it with two years limited warranty
- The ion-lithium battery runs for a longer time
- Clears debris faster from various surfaces such as garages and decks
- It features a scraper that allows loosening up of wet leaves
- Has an easy to grip handle
- It will not run for a long time on a single charge
- It is more expensive than other products of similar class
- You cannot use it to blow leaves out of your flower beds
Black And Decker 20v Lithium Blower Reviews (Lsw221)
The quiet and lightweight Black & Decker LSW221 20V MAX Lithium Cordless Sweeper completes small clearing jobs efficiently. It is suitable for small jobs such clearing leaves, pine needles, lawn clippings and debris from hard flat surfaces, which include decks, sidewalks, driveways, garages, and porches.
If you are always doing quick cleanups, the sweeper will help you do that in a better way. It is light and small enough for all people. You can use it to blow and lift away cobwebs.
The key features of this product
- Its maximum airspeed stands at 130 MPH
- It has a total weight of 3.7 pounds
- It features a 20V Max Lithium Ion5Ah battery, which holds a charge for around 18 months
- The battery lasts for around 15 minutes during cleanups
- It comes with a blow tube and charger
- The product is lightweight and portable
- It is quieter than most models in the market
- It is powerful enough to blow up leaves from fresh snow or mulch for a path
- It is not strong enough to blow leaves across grass or wet leaves
- Some users claim that the battery only lasts for 5-10 minutes
- The battery will take some hours to charge completely
Top 3 Best Cordless Tool Battery Packs:
Black + Decker LBXR20 20V Max 1.5 Lithium Ion Tool Battery
Since early 1910, Black and Decker have been releasing quality power tools, outdoor care equipment, accessories, automotive, lighting, hardware and home cleaning products. They were the first to release a portable electric drill featuring a pistol along with a trigger grip. Most consumers will go for products from the company when they need to accomplish something.
The Black & Decker’s LBXR20 provides you with the power you need to blow your yard. Due to the product’s ability to hold a charge for 500 days, you will always be ready to go. Even more, the battery offers a longer lifespan and retains charge five times longer than the similar 18 volts NiCad batteries. The battery is compatible with most devices from Black and Decker.
The key features
- Improved performance and longer runtime
- Holds charge for 500 hours
- Compatible with most cordless devices from Black and Decker
- Comes with two years limited warranty
- Holds charge for 500 days
- Compatible with most of the tools from Black and Decker
- Is durable
- You will need a spare battery when blowing more substantial portions
Black + Decker LPXR2020-OPE 2.0Ah Lithium Battery Pack
Black and Decker design the LPXR2020 – OPE 2.0AH Lithium Battery Pack for use with their 20 Volt Max Lithium-ion cordless outdoor equipment and tools. With the 2.0 Ah cell, you should expect 33 percent more runtime. The battery is easier to install and uninstall, and due to its ability to hold a charge for longer periods, you can use it at any time of the day or night. Even more, the battery comes with a two years limited warranty.
The key features
- Improved performance and longer runtime
- Holds a charge for 500 days
- It is compatible with 20V Max lithium-ion cordless tools from Black and Decker
- The battery has more power than other batteries of similar class
- It works perfectly as a spare battery
- It is easier to attach
- It is lightweight
- It is only suitable for light blowing jobs
Munikind HPB18 3.0AH Ni-Mh Replace Black and Decker 18V Battery
Munikind is one of the companies that provide excellent customer services and higher quality power products. The Munikind HPB18 3.0AH NI-Mh Replace Black and Decker 18V Battery are one of their products. They use durable and reliable materials to make it, and it is therefore safe. Even though it is cheaper than most other products of similar class, it provides greater performance.
The key features
- Made of reliable and durable material that is nontoxic
- It is cheap but provides excellent performance
- It is compatible with the original products from Munikind
- It is CE certified
- It is less expensive
- You will enjoy longer runtime
- Charges quickly
- Better performance
- Only suitable for small blowing jobs
Battery vs. Corded Leaf Blower vs. Gas Leaf Blower
|Cordless Leaf Blower||Corded Leaf Blower||Gas Leaf Blower|
|Lesser power||More power||More power|
|Do not generate heat||Do not generate heat||Generate heat during operation|
|Quiet during operation||Quiet during operation||Noisy during operation|
Gas vs. Electric: What works?
Electric leaf blowers are lighter and cheaper than gas models. However, gas models are robust and can help you complete your tasks faster. Gas blowers are available in two models, backpack, and handheld, and may use four-stroke or two-stroke engine. Typically, the user has to mix fuel and oil, but the mixing is not necessary for most recent models. 
Even though gas-powered leaf blowers are more powerful and can help you complete your tasks in lesser time, they have a more considerable weight than the electric counterparts do. Moreover, the user has to fill in gas periodically in addition to the engine oil. They also release smoke, which is a negative that lacks in the electric models.
Why are Leaf Blowers so Loud?
Leaf blowers are known to be noisy, particularly the gas powered blowers. Some countries and cities have already barred the use of gas blowers or restricted their use at, particularly times of the day. Even though electric blowers have lesser restrictions, they are also loud.
The noise originates from two sources. The first source is the air leaping out at a very fast speed – it is similar to the sounds you hear when driving with your car windows open. The other source is vibrations the machine’s engine produces.
The vibrations are usually a combination of the oscillations the engine cylinders make on the crankshaft running through the entire blower and the fuel combustion process.
How to Make a Leaf Blower Quiet
To minimize the noise, you have to read the user’s manual. Most leaf blowers on the market come with attachments and nozzles that you can use to reduce the noise. The accessories and nozzles will only work if you use them in the right way. During your purchase, ask for a model with either of the two options.
Read the manual thoroughly to familiarize yourself with all accessories. Some blowers provide variable-speed motors that allow speed adjustments to meet the user’s needs. By setting the engine at a low level, you will be able to reduce the noise. 
Top Tips for Using your Leaf Blower
By using a leaf blower in the right manner, leaves clearing tasks will remain one of the easiest. You will also complete the tasks faster and safely. Here are some of the tips to consider.
- Wear the right attire and safety attire to prevent injuries
- Blow your yard to the right of the day. Also, avoid blowing your yard during or after a rainy day. You have to pick the driest day.
- Use the right blowing technique
- Do not work against the wind. Breezes will make the blowing task easier.
- Create a pile for every section
- Select the right blower setting
Care and Maintenance
Some aspects of leaf blowing machines profoundly differ between models. Therefore, you have to read the user manual carefully before you start working on it. The manual might also include the maintenance schedule. Ensure that you have followed all the manufacturer’s instructions and contact them if you have any questions or concerns.
Before you perform any cleaning, inspection or maintenance, you should turn off the blower and allow every moving part to come to a stop. Disconnect it from the power supply and follow the following procedures.
- Clean the area surrounding the spark plug. That prevents debris from entering the combustion chamber after you have removed the plug.
- Inspect the plug for any damages
- Clean the plug if it is dirty
Q: How should I store my leaf blower?
A: You should never overlook the importance of storing a leaf blower in the right way. For a gas-powered leaf blower, you should allow it to cool before storage. Also, you have to keep the blower in well-ventilated dry place. That prevents the fumes from getting into contact with open flames or sparks. Ensure that you have stored the machine away from the reach of children.
Leaf blower repair shop near me
The Bottom Line
Budget, speed, and convenience are important considerations when buying a leaf blower. During your shopping, you have to decide on whether to go for a gas or electric blower. If you need more power to blow wet leaves from your flowerbeds and grass, you might need to go for a corded or a gas leaf blower.
Even though most corded leaf blowers provide enough power to complete big jobs, they limit you to roughly 100 feet of the power outlet – the extension cords have that length.
Gas leaf blowers are mobile, but apart from being expensive, they have a heavier weight than cordless leaf blowers do. They are also noisy and require regular fuelling and maintenance. Cordless versions offer lesser power compared with the other models and bounded runtime per every charge, but they are lightweight.
Did you learn from this blog? We sure hope so. Do you have any questions or concerns? We love hearing from our readers so if you could drop us a comment and tell us what you learned that would be awesome. Why you are here, could you please take a moment to share our blog on your social media outlets? We appreciate your time.